Nekochan Net

change email in user control panel

want to change my email address, and it alway says "The email address you entered is not allowed to be used." whats the right way to do it? the new email is a mail.ru one. no russian domains allowed or what?
no plan
not sure if this is related, i stopped getting notifications for topics/replies/pm so i tried to change email a few days ago. looked like it saved it and then pete comfirmed that he still sees the old one in my account.
tried it a few times, but no success.

no plan
That was originally an anti-spam measure; I was getting a ton of automated spam bots using those addresses a while back. I've switched over to another anti spam plugin since then so keeping the block in place shouldn't be needed at this point. I've made an update and you should be able to use a .ru address now.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
can somebody unlock or better sync my initial account ( yetanother**ixuser), because it was locked while messing around with this "email change" sorcery.
thanx
Send Neko a PM, only he can do that.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
hagbard wrote: can somebody unlock or better sync my initial account ( yetanother**ixuser), because it was locked while messing around with this "email change" sorcery.
thanx

The forum software won't let me assign the same e-mail address to two accounts, so you'd need to PM me and provide an alternate e-mail address to update " yetanother**ixuser"). I went ahead an manually activated the account.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
thank you neko, so since my former account is working again, the user "hagbard" can be deleted on next chance.
no plan