Quote:
Request for link exchnage
Monday, July 27, 2009 1:34 PM
"Kelly Parker" <Edited>
Add sender to Contacts
To:Edited

Hi,

My name is Kelly Parker,

I’m the webmaster of [Edited] – A Backgammon game site with tips with option to play online backgammon and I am interested in cooperation with your website forums.nekochan.net.
Currently, I'm in the process of promoting some of my other sites and am looking for quality partners to exchange links with.
I believe that quality websites make things different and this is what I’m offering you.
I would like to know if it’s possible to exchange links so we both will get the benefits in traffic and page rank terms.

Please send me your websites that you are willing to exchange links with me and I’ll send you mine.
Many thanks in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you,

All the best,
Kelly Parker
[Edited] - Webmaster

Anyone else get an email like this?
I've not, but please don't post spam without editing the links out first. You're just doing their work for them.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
I've not, but please don't post spam without editing the links out first. You're just doing their work for them.

Oh, sorry Neko
The reason you got spammed is that you're not hiding your e-mail address on your forum profile; it's visible to everyone. An automated e-mail scraper pulled the address, matched it to the domain it was found on and launched the spam.

That's why it's never a good idea to keep your e-mail in the clear like that. You should probably change your profile settings.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
The reason you got spammed is that you're not hiding your e-mail address on your forum profile; it's visible to everyone. An automated e-mail scraper pulled the address, matched it to the domain it was found on and launched the spam.

That's why it's never a good idea to keep your e-mail in the clear like that. You should probably change your profile settings.

Will do, thanks Neko for the tip.
HAL9000 wrote:
Hello Dave. How about a nice game of backgammon?
:D