Nekochan Net

Posting images on the Gallery

I registered as ritchan, but I don't see an option anywhere to upload images onto the Gallery. What gives?
Gallery accounts are granted separately from the forum.
If you'd like one, I'd suggest sending a polite request to Nekonoko via PM.
Personally, "what gives" raises my hackles a bit.
I don't think there's a problem with what gives, but I played it safe. Thanks.
Universal posting access is not available on the Nekochan gallery. I've enabled attachments in the forum itself to give folks a place to share pictures without needing a separate account or off-site image storage. I just don't have the available bandwidth to turn this place into a Flickr clone.

All Rights Reserved.
Perhaps a better approach for Nekochanners interested in sharing galleries would be to use Flickr or Picasa or whatever for their galleries, and then to let people know about them. Maybe we could put together a directory-style wiki page or a sticky topic somewhere where people can add links to their external galleries.
josehill wrote:
Maybe we could put together a directory-style wiki page or a sticky topic somewhere where people can add links to their external galleries.
A member's signature file would be a good location for that info - though I generally won't follow links to public photo hosting sites. Some <but not all> recover the cost of operation by feeding visitors tracking cookies and selling the info <or access> to marketing firms. Easy enough to block, but not something I appreciate in the first place.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
What sort of photos are you planning to upload?

All Rights Reserved.
Alternative OS screenshots, mostly... and a few photos of my systems here and there.