IBM

Warp 4 questions

I moved form 2.1 to Warp 4 and I have a few questions.
In the process I also went to a Thinkpad 380D. Lenovo still has the driver downloads page for the system up so getting drivers was not all that hard however I'm running into glitches I need help with.

-Unless I'm jacked into the network the system takes forever to boot.
-I inserted one of my SanDisk flash cards and now it has reserved D and E to cards which currently are not inserted. Can I at least rallocate the letters to E and F and leave the CD at D?
-Shutting down does not turn off the laptop. It just dumps at you the "SHUTDOWN COMPLETE. PRESS CTRL + ALT + DEL TO REBOOT" screen.
-Thinkpad Configuration Utility complains it can't find AODBSMD.sys even though I saw it get uncompressed when I prepared the utility for installation. It's currently in C:\OS2\UTILITY
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
The last one sounds like either a path problem, or the thinkpad config utility is not for Warp 4.
Land of the Long White Cloud and no Software Patents.
You got much further than I ever did trying to install Warp 4 on a Thinkpad 390X. Even with the IBM drivers it would hang during booting. After getting the updated Dani drivers it would still refuse to boot over some driver issues. I went as far as installing it (flawlessly I might add) on an old P4 box and then cloning the disk image to the laptop. Still never booted.

I think you can add some lines to the config.sys to allocate or reserve drive letters. Try moving AODBSMD.sys into C:\OS2\BOOT
I don't think Warp 4 includes a power-off on shutdown. It just does exactly what you observe.
:OnyxR: :IRIS3130: :IRIS2400: :Onyx: :ChallengeL: :4D220VGX: :Indigo: :Octane: :Cube: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy:
kjaer wrote: I don't think Warp 4 includes a power-off on shutdown. It just does exactly what you observe.

You can most likely transplant the notebook sleepytime driver from eCS. Most Os/2 components are interchangeable from Warp 3 through eCS. Probably from 2.1, even, but I didn't try that very much.
he said a girl named Patches was found ...