HP/DEC/Compaq

vms 4.6

Rooting around my vast pile of computer junk and I found this. I don't know how I got this, or, perhaps more to the point I don't have the tapes but you can apparently buy them on Ebay. :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
I have some interesting very old tapes in the loft, think they are VAX tapes. I have an appointment up there this weekend, I'll take a pic. Hopefully they are worth millions..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
vishnu wrote: Rooting around my vast pile of computer junk and I found this. I don't know how I got this, or, perhaps more to the point I don't have the tapes but you can apparently buy them on Ebay. :shock:

VMS 4.6 for VAX is what you seek?
:O2: O2 - (Mantadoc) - R5K - 200MHZ - 128MB RAM - 6.5.30
:Octane: Octane - (Montrealais) - R12K - 2*360MHZ - 1024MB RAM - EMXI. - 6.5.30
Alphaserver DS10 - (Vandoc) - EV6 - 466MHZ - 256MB RAM
Sun Ultra 5 - (Quedoc) - UltraSparc II - 400MHZ - 512MB RAM
ASUS K55VD - (Mapleglen)- I5 - Dual Core 2.5GHZ - 8 GB RAM
Dell L502X - (Algorail) - I7 - Quad Core 2GHZ - 6 GB RAM
uunix wrote: I have some interesting very old tapes in the loft, think they are VAX tapes. I have an appointment up there this weekend, I'll take a pic. Hopefully they are worth millions..

You've got to wonder what the shelf life is on those tapes, twenty years? Maybe? Hardly?

Krokodil wrote: MS 4.6 for VAX is what you seek?

No, I'm sure I've got the tapes around here somewhere, the law of selective gravitation has caused them to sink to the bottom of the heap... :lol:
Project:
Plan:

It's 20 past 2 in the morning here.. I can't sleep because I want to get in the loft.. DAMN YOU Vishnu!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
uunix wrote: It's 20 past 2 in the morning here.. I can't sleep because I want to get in the loft.. DAMN YOU Vishnu!!

Well put on your ninja suit and head on over there! Use the back door no one'll see ya... ;)
Project:
Plan:

Hi there!

Does that version of vms require licence activation (technically, not legally ;) )?