HP/DEC/Compaq

tru64 installation wm

risking you might find me odd but is there a way to use the "desktop" used for the installation later with the real thing?
it reminds me of ultrix, just nicer. that ruby bg color and the golden wristwatch icon sort of got me :P
r-a-c.de
As far as I remember, the window manager of the installer is just TWM.
:Octane2: SGI Octane 2 - Dual R12K 400 MHz - 250 0MB RAM - 73 GB HDD - vPro v12 - IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: SGI Indigo² - R10K 175 MHz - 320 MB RAM - 73 GB SCSI HDD - High Impact-AA + TRAM - IRIX 6.5.22f
:O2: SGI O2 - R5K 180 MHz - 96 MB RAM - 18 GB HDD - CRM - IRIX 6.5.30
mhm, maybe i can extract the parts from the cd and hack something together :D
r-a-c.de
If it is twm, it should be pretty basic in terms of what it would require to build from source. You should be able to grab it from a plain X11R[4-6] distribution - check a local site ( US mirror , EU mirror )...

* You may have to reconstitute a split tape archive, depending on release number
** I was not expecting to find a song praising an open source graphical debugger , but I did...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
after quite some searching i found it and modified it a bit. stop xlogin and run this. you also need to copy 2 files from the inst cd: Xdefaults and mwmrc. both located in /isl. easiest way is to create a local /isl and put the files in there. otherwise edit the script accordingly.
r-a-c.de