HP/DEC/Compaq

HP B2600 Workstation

Does anyone know if there is any way to get regular PCI video cards to work in this B2600?

I saved one of these from the dumpster but don't have the cable to connect to the Visualize EG video card and trying to find a replacement so I can bring it back to life.

Any input would be appreciated.
Unfortunately you're basically forced to use Visualize FX series for PCI. It's not that bad, as I've seen FXE going for less than 20, and FX10 for 50/60 bucks on eBay. Too bad you're in Canada, because I'd send you FX5pro, or even FX10, which I don't need.

If you're adventurous, you can also try and buy FireGL UX , but I was never able to see the PCI one in the wiild.

I did find an FX10 on eBay but was priced too high.. I submitted an offer and will see if I won it.

ItsMeOnly wrote:
Unfortunately you're basically forced to use Visualize FX series for PCI. It's not that bad, as I've seen FXE going for less than 20, and FX10 for 50/60 bucks on eBay. Too bad you're in Canada, because I'd send you FX5pro, or even FX10, which I don't need.

If you're adventurous, you can also try and buy FireGL UX , but I was never able to see the PCI one in the wiild.
If you're handy with a soldering iron you can wire in a VGA connector beside the EVC connector (or get the HP adapter, part #1253-0635). Pinout: http://www.hardwarebook.info/Enhanced_V ... _%28EVC%29

Personally, HP-UX is the sort of OS that doesn't seem to really care if it's on a local head or remote "vendor X" X server display (unlike IRIX, which really does like SGI graphics hardware), and there aren't very many killer apps that made use of the fancier graphics, so I usually just do TTY and network access.

If you haven't checked out OpenPA that's a good resource ( http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-visual ... b2600.html ),

Systems available for remote access on request.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)