HP/DEC/Compaq

Does anyone remember what Fortran Compilers for NT/Alpha...

were available?

I'm not soliciting warez etc etc, I just can't figure out what I should be searching for on google for anyone that may still be selling the stuff.... As far as I can tell the microsoft fortran was sold to compaq, who then sold it to intel but it was never available for the Alpha..?

I would imagine that DEC would have released one, as they did for their UNIX offering, but so far I haven't seen any mention of it. I've tried f2c, but there is some massive errors in the floating point, which seem to be related to DEC doing their different from the way that f2c expects... (unlike the i386/MIPS/SPARC that I've tested...).

Anyways, any pointers would be appreciated!!!!

I don't know if this would help anyone, but it turns out that OpenWatcom has support for the Dec Alpha... You'll have to download a version & it's source code, and start building it, but there is cross compiler support, and a native build support for C/C++ & Fortran for the Alpha...

Ok, it's only F77 but hell it's free!