Sun

Mysterious Sun keyboard

Back in the days, Sun produced PS/2 keyboard with standard 104-key layout (P/N: 3201256-01). What kind of machine it was intended to be used with? Here I've found the pictures.
searching "Sun 320-1256" brings up results mentioning the JavaStation, which did indeed use PS/2 peripherals.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
It's not mysterious at all. It's a Sun Type 5C keyboard with a Sun Minidin 8 connector, not to be confused with PS2. The connectors look similar, but the electrical behind it is different. You would need an adapter to use it with a PS2 interface.

These keyboards were sold and used with many sun machines, which specifically I can't remember but I had them on Sun Sparcstations (5s, 10s, 20s), maybe my LX, and various Ultras.
Stuff.
robespierre wrote: searching "Sun 320-1256" brings up results mentioning the JavaStation, which did indeed use PS/2 peripherals.

Yup, looks like you're right :D JavaStation pictures usually include this keyboard.

zmttoxics wrote: It's not mysterious at all. It's a Sun Type 5C keyboard with a Sun Minidin 8 connector, not to be confused with PS2. The connectors look similar, but the electrical behind it is different. You would need an adapter to use it with a PS2 interface.

It is not Sun Type 5c keyboard. Note that Type 5 has non-standard Sun connector and "UNIX" layout while this keyboard has PC layout and PS/2 connector.
zmttoxics: have your eyes checked. the keyboard in the pictures looks different from a Type 5 in almost every way.

xenu: The Type 5 was also available in 'US' layout, and a couple dozen other national layouts. But here the 'UNIX' layout seemed to be the most common.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: