SGI: Video

tezro DM3/VBOB/DM5 - multiple links

My VBOB definitely has 2 SD inputs (labeled 1,2) and 2 HD inputs (also labeled 1,2).
The documentation refers to Link A and LinkB for SD and HD.
Are LinkA,LinkB only meant for aggregating bandwidth onto a single stream, or are they supposed to be useable as separate streams ?

If they are usable as separate streams, then how are we supposed to access it via OpenML?

mlquery only shows 1 SD input jack and 1 HD input jack.
why does mlquery not show the 2nd SD/HD jacks ?

Code: Select all

DEVICE: xt-digvid
parent: tezr0.
index: 0
version: 1
jacks: HDSerialDigitalInputJack,
HDSerialDigitalOutputJack,
HDGraphicsDigitalInputJack,
SDSerialDigitalInputJack,
SDSerialDigitalOutputJack,
SDGraphicsDigitalInputJack
paths: HDSerialDigitalInput,
HDSerialDigitalOutput,
HDGraphicsDigitalInput,
SDSerialDigitalInput,
SDSerialDigitalOutput,
SDGraphicsDigitalInput

I am starting with some sample OpenML code from the OpenML tardist on nekochan's ftp site.
I will be morphing it into something cooler over time...

you can track progress here...
https://github.com/tweakoz/vbobtest

Thanks,

mtm
I think the closest we've got to a VBOB expert here is uunix, speaking for myself I've never been able to get mine to work properly... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: I think the closest we've got to a VBOB expert here is uunix, speaking for myself I've never been able to get mine to work properly... :roll:

Thanks for the honour Vishnu :oops: , but it may be miss-placed somewhat.

My VBOB usage has been strictly limited to using it with discreet products and if I get signal present output when I serial into the VBOB I'm generally happy.

What I do know, you can see serial 2 is receiving something by console access v --> s
Also in the init.cfg of a discreet product you can set the video line to serial1 or serial2 but not serial1and2 like you can with the output.

Probably not very helpful I'm afraid.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
uunix wrote: Thanks for the honour Vishnu :oops: , but it may be miss-placed somewhat.

My VBOB usage has been strictly limited to using it with discreet products and if I get signal present output when I serial into the VBOB I'm generally happy.

What I do know, you can see serial 2 is receiving something by console access v --> s
Also in the init.cfg of a discreet product you can set the video line to serial1 or serial2 but not serial1and2 like you can with the output.

I think development of the VBOB was a collaborative effort between Discreet and SGI. A workstation and a VBOB by themselves aren't really good for much. There used to be a webpage or two that described how NBC used Octanes and VBOBs with Discreet products in their coverage of the Olympics around a decade ago, but looking for it now it appears none of that content appears to be around anymore.
Project:
Plan:

uunix wrote: Thanks for the honour Vishnu :oops: , but it may be miss-placed somewhat.

I think development of the VBOB was a collaborative effort between Discreet and SGI. A workstation and a VBOB by themselves aren't really good for much. There used to be a webpage or two that described how NBC used Octanes and VBOBs with Discreet products in their coverage of the Olympics around a decade ago, but looking for it now it appears none of that content has survivied. :cry:
Project:
Plan:

multiple links are used for higher fidelity signals. 4:4:4:4 requires two links, for example. That was before 3GHz-SDI was available, which can do 4:4:4:4 over a single link.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: