SGI: Video

3 Years a project.

vishnu wrote:
oneogeo wrote: ...the bottom left doesn't look like sparkling water

Unless I miss my guess (I rarely do ;) ) that's a can of the good stuff, Carling Black Label... 8-)

It's still there... well one that looks very similar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
really fantastic job! An inspiration to us all!

BTW what do you find works better in smoke than in flame?
Very cool setup!
:Onyx2: Quad R14K 500MHz, IR3, DG5-8 :Tezro: Quad R16K 700MHz, 8MB, V12, DCD, DM3 :Octane2: Dual R14K 600MHz, PCI Card Cage, V12 :320: Dual 1GHz PIII
:O2: R12K 400MHz, DCD :Indigo: R4400SC 150MHz, ELAN :Indigo2: R4400SC 200MHz, Extreme :Indy: R4400SC 200MHz, XZ :Indy: R5000SC 150MHz, 24Bit XL.
SUN: JavaStation-10 (Krups), XVR-4000.
DEC: AlphaStation 255/300MHz.
Cray: Cray1: Memory Module, Cray2: Memory Module (complete stack of eight boards) and a power supply module, Cray3: ECL Module.
Apple: G3 Clamshell, G4 Sawtooth, G4 Quicksilver, G4 Mirror Doors, G5, Mac Pro 2013 (Trash can), 27 inch Cinema Display.
IBM: 486 DX-4 100MHz, 32Mb RAM, Creative Soundblaster 16-Bit, 1.44 Mb Disk drive, Creative 4X CD-ROM, 520Mb HDD.
Alienware: Aurora 7500.
Gaming Rig: Coolermaster Cosmos II, Coolermaster Ultimate 1100W Power supply, Asus Rampage III extreme, I7 980X, Corsair H100, 24Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3, EVGA GTX Titan X Super Clocked Edition, OCZ revodrive 3 x2 240gb, Velociraptor 600GB, Corsair 128GB SSD, Creative X-fi Fatality Pro.
gijoe77 wrote: really fantastic job! An inspiration to us all!

BTW what do you find works better in smoke than in flame?

Nothing at all really. In fact, originally when I started, all knew was the name SMOKE and therefore aimed my attentions at that. In an email exchange with Ian Mapleson, he made a point that most people start with FLAME, but I'd felt a bit put of by the interface. Anyway, I preserved on that note with FLAME and managed to produce a few decent edited (very simplistic) home-video to a semi production movie with clips, music etc and now I just really use FLAME. Obviously I'm a real amateur at this so do not really know what benefits one has over the other, but for my use, FLAME was my tool. It really was so easy.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
uunix wrote: most people start with FLAME, but I'd felt a bit put of by the interface.

I had it the other way around - flame seemed like just a subset of the smoke interface to me (the effects module) - I still struggle around smoke.

Do you have a TBC in your setup or does the Panasonic AG 7750 have a built in TBC?

Also do you have a external sync generator for the setup? I'm just wondering what was the crucial key to solving the timing issues going from VHS to digital (Last time I tried this with a VCR and my O2 it was an epic failure)