SGI: Video

Output Video to AV2 default Out

Apart from Video Panel - Utilities - Live Out, can I output say a movie (not worried about quality yet) through the default Out on the o2 AV2 Card?

At the moment, I'm outputting the screen to my VBOB and then to my Octane, but I'd like to pipe some video through it?

Chaaaaars!..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
you can display either Graphics or Memory buffers to the AV2 output. So any video that's playing on your screen in any application (like mplayer) can be output, or you can output directly from a file using an appropriate video tool.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
So.. (and excuse the fact I haven't looked up the device names).. mplayer filmX | /dev/AV/out ? in principle?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
No, you would just run mplayer like normal, but use videoout(1) to make it go over the SDI output.
Or you could use a program like avplayback(1) to play a file over the output; I don't know whether mplayer supports the VL....
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
Thanks Robespierre
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!