SGI: Video

Cables for DM3 to VBOB

Does anyone know what the difference is between the cables below? I can only find the top one so far. Can I just use two of 018-0946-001?

See thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16720804

Part numbers:
018-0946-001 CABLE ASSY LVDS 26P M 5M FE $116
018-0985-001 CABLE ASSY LVDS 26P M 5M WHT/WHT FE $237

OK, was able only to get 2 of the black cables: 018-0946-001. Now how do I test this thing? My Octane sees the DM3 card and the VBOB (p/n: 013-2746-004 rev D) has a yellowish light on the fron SGI logo. I don't see any green LEDs on the rear. Are there any test commands in IRIX?

Thanks!
Rich

The only concerning thing is the color of the light on the SGI logo, its a yellowish color. I though I remembered seeing pictures of one in google image search with a white colored light...

Anyone on here know what the color should or should not be? Could not seem to find anything on the web or in the docs on this...

Anyone on here know what the color should or should not be? Could not seem to find anything on the web or in the docs on this...

I wouldn't worry about it. Phosphors can change a bit, so it might have gone yellow.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL: