SGI: Development

KDevelop 4 complete tardist for IRIX 6.5 tezro

Howdy -
Is anyone have complete tardist sofware package of KDevelop 4 (or KDevelop 3) ?
Please let me share. I've tried to put it together for week but had no luck.
I have Tezro IRIX 6.5 base.
Thanks,
since kdevelop requires qt, i wish you good look in building a working qt distribution!
no plan
Hello Dieu,

It looks like Kdevelop is based on qt libraries from the same major version number. If i recall correctly we have qt3 and qt4 libraries built on Nekoware and maybe someone else has a qt package of similar version number.
If you have a development environment installed on your Tezro you can build it yourself.

Do provide more info on exactly what machine you are running and what software you have installed. And your post implies you have tried to build a KDevelop version. So can you tell us what version you tried and what problems you had?
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
Dexter,
You're correct. I get most tardists from nekoware bufferoverlow current and installed one by one as the software required chain asked.
I installed from nekoware qt 4.3, kdevelop, kde* packages and required libraries. So far, i keep doing it but it seems non-stop.
I have Tezro IRIX 6.5 with MIPS compiler but don't know what you mean by 'development environment'.
I hope someone has put everything in one package or have complete of required software/lib list in order to use with nekoware Kdevelop.

Note: I got kdevelop 3.3.1 tardist from nekoware's obsolete->archive folder (only one). Is version of KDE has to be the same ?
Also, i wonder can I compile the source code which is contained inside the tardist ?

thanks,

p.s: Correctness: Is all versions of KDE packages must be the same ? (such as kdedevelop, kdelibs, kdebases, ...)
dieu wrote: I installed from nekoware qt 4.3, kdevelop, kde* packages and required libraries. So far, i keep doing it but it seems non-stop.

Yup, welcome to dependency hell. Especially large platform backends like KDE comes with a ton of extra library packages which you need to install together with the KDE packages. You picked one of the packages with a very large amount of package dependencies. Just be patient and sit tight and get all required packages downloaded and installed.

I have Tezro IRIX 6.5 with MIPS compiler but don't know what you mean by 'development environment'.

The MIPSPro compiler together with base libraries like libc stdlibc++, include files and assembler and linker is the development environment.

Note: I got kdevelop 3.3.1 tardist from nekoware's obsolete->archive folder (only one). Is version of KDE has to be the same ?
Is all versions of KDE packages must be the same ? (such as kdedevelop, kdelibs, kdebases, ...)

This is tricky to answer. The packages on which the base software product (in our case kdevelop) depends upon are listed in the nekoware download page following the package md5sum string. However, there may be several versions of a specific package. Usually you want to get the package of most recent date and highest software release number (number following the package name. For neko_kdevelop-3.3.1.tardist the package name is kdevelop and the release number is 1.
Dependencies are resolved in the software package by that release number, not by the major.minor version number of the package source. It is quite conceivable that kdevelop can run with both kdelibs 3.2.2 and with kdelibs 3.5.1 but the dependency information in kdevelop package will have to decide if it accepts kdelibs 3.2.2 (release number 1) or kdelibs 3.5.1 (release number 2).

Also, i wonder can I compile the source code which is contained inside the tardist ?

The source code tarball in the tardist is the source from which the software in that package is built. We included this for preservation, because many packages come from individual sources on private websites and if the site disappears or the maintainer pulls the source, you couldn't rebuild the package without having a copy in the tardist.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
Thank you so much Dexter, for clear explanation. I guess, i have to continue ...
I will keep you inform.
Dexter, I like nekoware and thanks nekoware for all the work. Just curious, is any other place good like nekoware ?
dieu wrote: Just curious, is any other place good like nekoware ?

For software that runs under IRIX? No. To paraphrase, we are all that's left of their religion...
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Dum dum duh dum, duh duh dum, duh duh dum...