SGI: Development

Beta: fontconfig-2.8.0 freetype2-2.4.12

I was never happy with the current nekoware fontconfig, so I build a new one. I also updated libfreetype. For me the result works much better and faster than the current versions. Please test neko_fontconfig-2.8.0.tardist and neko_freetype2-2.4.12.tardist.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:
Works for me, as well as your Xft. Thank you!

ED: If you're using GTK2 apps, this is quite an improvement.
Thank you for testing. I would be nice if some more have a look at this, since it is a noticeable performance improvement for gtk2 tools like firefox3. I really like to see this packages in current.
A long time ago there was a sort of general agreement that any gcc-built nekoware would show that in the title ... could we continue that ?
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
hamei wrote: A long time ago there was a sort of general agreement that any gcc-built nekoware would show that in the title ... could we continue that ?

I can do so, what is the correct package name in this case? neko_fontconfig-2.8.0_gcc.tardist? We have to rename a lot of packages then.
diegel wrote: I can do so, what is the correct package name in this case? neko_fontconfig-2.8.0_gcc.tardist?

Thanks ! That would be great. There's a couple others in /current similar to that.

We have to rename a lot of packages then.

At the speed these are flying off the shelves, maybe this is not something we need to worry about :D
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
Both packages in beta are replaced by faster builds with more optimization now. They are gcc 4.7 build since both packages run not stable with mipspro -O3 optimization.