SGI: Development

What's the correct place for image files?

Hello All,

I've been working on some new icons, backgrounds and other miscellaneous pretty pretty for IRIX and now that I've come to the tardist packaging stage I realise I do not know what the canonical IRIX place is for 'vendor'-supplied images or artwork. We know that IMD application icons live in /usr/lib/images and that the default IMD backgrounds sit in /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/sgidesktop/. But I don't think the stuff I'm packaging should be mixed with the stuff that comes with the IRIX default install or applications.

So, where do we think this kind of stuff should go?

J.
:Fuel: redbox 800Mhz 4Gb V12
/usr/local/lib/images? (*ducks* from wrath of hamei who hates /usr/local with the passion of a thousand burning suns)... 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
You can't really put IMD application icons anywhere but /usr/lib/images, so those few packages that I have produced so far that include icons put them there as well. If you want to update the icons for specific nekoware packages, I'd prefer if you updated that specific package; it's probably outdated anyway.

/usr/include/X11/bitmaps/sgidesktop/ already contains files from various packages and subsystems, namely sysadmdesktop.sw.sysadm desktop_eoe.sw.envm and desktop_eoe.sw.control_panels.

For the backgrounds, It would be cool if you could include an exitop / removeop that automatically updates /usr/lib/X11/system.backgrounds when installing and removing the package.