usage: mtr [-hvrwctglspniu46] [--help] [--version] [--report]
[--report-wide] [--report-cycles=COUNT] [--curses] [--gtk]
[--raw] [--split] [--mpls] [--no-dns] [--address interface]
[--psize=bytes/-s bytes]
[--report-wide|-w] [-u]
[--interval=SECONDS] HOSTNAME [PACKETSIZE]
urchin 2# mtr hobbes.nmsu.edu
sockaddrtop unknown address type

(.:1923): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/nekoware/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

(.:1923): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type 'xpm' is not supported

(.:1923): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 3553: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (icon)' failed

(.:1923): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/nekoware/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory
1923:mtr: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1: _pixops_scale
urchin 3# mtr --version
mtr 0.82

The tardist is made fine but the program itself ... I ditched it. YMMV.

edit : when I went back and looked, there were two mtr's installed - 0.82 and 0.69. So apparently the newer tardist did not update the old correctly ? It appears that neko_mtr could use some refinement ...
I overlooked the fact that there was an old neko_mtr, and started from scratch. I suspect you have the graphics frontend of the old one left over, since the new one can just switch between gtk and curses display with a commandline switch, but I'd say the incomplete upgrade is a reason to pull the package. Didn't you encounter the "loaders.cache': No such file or directory" Error with Firefox as well, or was that someone else?
canavan wrote:
Didn't you encounter the "loaders.cache': No such file or directory" Error with Firefox as well, or was that someone else?

Sharp eyes ! Yes, that was me. I have a feeling that the underlying problem was a terrible gdk-pixbuf that was in nekoware a while back. I'll try uninstalling the entire gdk-pixbuf thing and start over. Let's see what happens then ...