SGI: Development

Beta test: neko_imagemagick-6.8.1-10

I've just uploaded a current build of Imagemagick to /incoming to make sure that there's anything that can be used to test the neko_tiff-4.0.3 that's discussed here http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16727382 .

neko_imagemagick also includes 'proper' release notes that should be readable with relnotes or grelnotes. Just like the ones that I've bundled with neko_tiff, they are html based, as I didn't find the proper tools and commands to genereate "old style" release notes. Instead, I've just modeled the release notes on those supplied with ml_xtdigvid. If anyone wants to replicate that, It should be noted that there appear to be some rather arbitrary limitations that cause the text to be cut off or not displayed at all, e.g. the table I've used to list the dependencies can only have a limited number of rows.

Since those release notes are experimental at best, I'm looking for some feedback to improve the whole thing.
I gave this a run, pulling in whatever dependancies were in /beta first. Found two unresolvable conflicts; neko_libtool8.sw.libshr (5) and neko_pango.sw.lib (13). I tried the neko_libtool8 in /beta and the neko_pango in /current (nothing in /beta that I could see).

I did a rulesoverride and checked the binaries with ldd; neko_libtool8.sw.lib (6) is providing libltdl.so.8 successfully, but an ldd on the pango.so plugin shows a missing libharfbuzz.so.1.1.

All Rights Reserved.
OK, I'll upload fixed packages tomorrow - neko_libtool8.sw.libshr is some homegrown testing package. The pango dependency references neko_pango-1.28.3.tardist that used to be in /beta, but isn't there anymore. Any Idea why it was pulled?
canavan wrote:
The pango dependency references neko_pango-1.28.3.tardist that used to be in /beta, but isn't there anymore. Any Idea why it was pulled?

Ah ! So there was a 1.28.3 there ! That's what I had installed. When I went to check over my Firefox dependencies, I was running that one - but couldn't find it in /beta. So I just removed it and installed whichever one is now available. (1.12.4 or something ?)

One thing about the pango 1.28.3 : I was getting a lot of "deformed output" warnings in FF3 and the browser would shortly thereafter crash. That isn't happening with 1.12.4 So perhaps that beta pango was not a good one to have if running FF3.

The libtool8 homegrown testing package seems to work okay but we (I, anyhow) would welcome an updated standard version :)
I don't recall specifically pulling neko_pango-1.28.3.tardist from /beta, but it may have had reported issues as hamei suggests. I do see it in /obsolete/archive, so that must have been the case.

All Rights Reserved.