SGI: Development

Beta test: neko_tiff-4.0.3

I thought it was time to update the libtiff available in nekoware, because the version in /current is vulnerable to a number of overflows of one kind or another. It turns out that the previous updates bundled an even older version of libtiff etc, as well as libport, which should not have been included in the first place. As a result, neko_tiff-4.0.3, which should appear in /beta soon, is going to break a number of packages.

As an experiment, this package includes an inst.README that basically warns about this incompatibility and is displayed automatically by inst or swmgr when opening the tardist. Additionally, it includes "real" relnotes that can be read with relnotes, grelnotes or (if you're running the required services) via Help/Release Notes from the toolchest.
Quick update : rebuilt Graphics Magick to use this tiff : it runs fine, displays, converts, resizes, does everything it's supposed to.

So here's a rerun on the one vote for move to current, and a vote of confidence for the scaredy-cats out there to test.

=====

Shit : edited away the original post :( Originally I was entranced by how great this tardist is. Acts just like a factory SGI release. It's great. Broke my homemade Graphics Magick but that's to be expected. This tardist comes highly recommended. This is a goal to strive for. Excellent job, Mr Canavan.