SGI: Development

help, Cecil

Code:
cc-1070 cc: ERROR File = cmdline.c, Line = 562
The indicated type is incomplete.

static struct option long_options[] = {
^

http://iat.berlios.de

Iso9660 Analyzer Tool is a free utility tool for detecting the structure of DVD/CD-ROM image file formats; the tool supports many CD/DVD-ROM data image file formats.
My first guess is that IAT is assuming GNU-style getopt.h which is very, very different from IRIX's own getopt.h. A quick look (so I'm really only speculating about everything) at the IAC source shows an unconditional include of getopt.h in src/cmdline.c. There are no checks in the configure script to ensure that getopt.h is indeed GNU getopt.h and/or has the necessary features.

And there are, of course, corresponding differences in the implementation of getopt functions in GNU libc vs. IRIX libc. So just copying over the GNU header will not suffice. You'll need to drag in the implementation of some functions, by the looks of it. Perhaps from Gnulib.

So it looks like you've got a fair bit of porting work before it'll compile on IRIX. And that's just for the getopt stuff. Who knows what else the compiler will uncover after you fix that!

This post should be helpful:

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16726751

Mexico
BSDero wrote:

Indeed, that thread does have some useful tips. But in hamei's specific case here, the problem is more than getopt_long. His posted error is due to the lack of a struct option in IRIX getopt.h. So he'll need more than just the getopt_long implementation discussed in that thread. None the less, the approach described there is right on target.

jpstewart wrote:
My first guess is that IAT is assuming GNU-style getopt.h which is very, very different from IRIX's own getopt.h.

Thanks, jp. I'll just drop it. Was just looking for a tool to see what's going on with some CD's I have, not a life-changing event.

Next time I see getopt in an error message, I'll know to hit the "delete" button :D

Thanks for the work on that though, BSDero. Will probably help someone who is more stubborn than I :P