SGI: Development

Firefox 10 Porting Progress - Page 4

Yes all Octanes are R10000 and above and are thus 64 bit machines.

I just dl'ed the most recent version of binutils but the configure script craps out with "compiler cannot create executables," which just simply ain't true it can. I've gotten this error before from autoconf on my Octane and it mysteriously goes away and then reappears again. Maybe my compiler installation is haunted! :shock:

World domination! Or something...
I was hoping to have cycles to work on this but Mozilla decided to kick the legs out from under the PowerPC OS X JIT, so now I'm trying to get IonMonkey to work on my G5 instead of trying to get Firefox to work on my Fuel. :(

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
vishnu wrote:
Yes all Octanes are R10000 and above and are thus 64 bit machines.

I just dl'ed the most recent version of binutils but the configure script craps out with "compiler cannot create executables," which just simply ain't true it can. I've gotten this error before from autoconf on my Octane and it mysteriously goes away and then reappears again. Maybe my compiler installation is haunted! :shock:

Building with GCC or MIPSpro? Post relevant config.log output.

ClassicHasClass wrote:
I was hoping to have cycles to work on this but Mozilla decided to kick the legs out from under the PowerPC OS X JIT, so now I'm trying to get IonMonkey to work on my G5 instead of trying to get Firefox to work on my Fuel. :(

Debugging JITs are never fun to say the least. I haven't looked at the ionmonkey mess (I used the PRCE patchset from Debian to work around having to write a JIT for IRIX).
NCommander wrote:
Building with GCC or MIPSpro? Post relevant config.log output.

config.log is pretty much content-free, it calls "exit 77" when trying to figure out the compiler default output file name, if I comment out that part of configure it fails on the next check, can't recall exactly what that is right now, linking or something. Could be the diddling around I had to do with the compiler front end (fecc) to get Maxwell to compile (which it did), I'll check it tonight and report back status... :shock:

World domination! Or something...