SGI: Development

Porting libtorrent/rtorrent

great contribution again!
thanks for doing that during the holidays :D
r-a-c.de
PymbleSoftware wrote: After we have an acceptable libtorrent in nekoware.. I (or someone else can) work on rtorrent.

Yeah, this will need to be cleaned up and packaged as a proper tardist before I can add it to the beta directory. If you want to post a raw tarball like that, just attach it to the thread instead.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
neko_curl-7.19.7.tardist and a neko_libtorrent-0.12.6.tardist are in /incoming. The former is guaranteed to break anything that depends on neko_curl, since the major version of the library has changed, the latter is completely untested, and, aside from the patches by PymbleSoftware required the libtool convenience libraries to be compiled -static, which may cause some symbols that should have been exported to be missing.

rtorrent has a number of problems with the curlbuild.h including <stdint.h>, which #errors out for anything but c99, i.e. CC won't work. It may be easier to just copy usr/nekoware/lib/pkgconfig/libcurl.pc from the new curl package, and leave the rest at the 7.15.0.
canavan wrote: rtorrent has a number of problems with the curlbuild.h including <stdint.h>, which #errors out for anything but c99, i.e. CC won't work.

Replace that include with <inttypes.h> and it should work in both c99 and CC.
canavan wrote: neko_curl-7.19.7.tardist and a neko_libtorrent-0.12.6.tardist are in /incoming.

Any chance for a reupload? I neglected to check /incoming before the server move.
All Rights Reserved.
new server?
i noticed that the 'server info' page is empty now ...
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: new server?
i noticed that the 'server info' page is empty now ...

Yeah, I'll probably just remove that link.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: Any chance for a reupload? I neglected to check /incoming before the server move.
Both are on their way.
Great, both are now in /beta. Thanks much!
All Rights Reserved.
Would adding -LANG:vla=on to your CXXFLAGS help get rid of the 'new/delete' mods?
Any luck on getting rtorrent built? The ctorrent version is ancient and not even client_test is in the libtorrent in /beta...
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
I haven't tried building anything current. How about trying yourself?
I can, but I know absolutely nothing about C++, I'm a C guy, but I'd like to have another instance of tTorrent running in addition to the OVH one.
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
Where did you get an IRIX version of libtorrent? As far as I can tell there isn't one in /current...
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
TeamBlackFox wrote: I can, but I know absolutely nothing about C++, I'm a C guy

not very hard to catch up then. the other way around is the tricky part :)