SGI: Computer Graphics

Cube logo obj model

I know there are others but here's my attempt at it.

logo_01.jpg
logo_01.jpg (40.05 KiB) Viewed 293 times

logo_02.jpg
logo_02.jpg (169.89 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Good work DaJuice! i like the way you did the joints, smoothing out the inner section.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
nice. maybe you could add a few words about how you did it? and what you used and so on ...
r-a-c.de
Nice! :D And, not to belabor the point made by foetz but it'd be nice to know what you used to make it... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Thanks guys, it was made in Houdini 15 on PC. If there is interest I will try to get Houdini 6.5 installed on the Octane2 and see if the same steps can be applied. It's been a while since I used that version so I'm not sure which modeling tools are missing. Either way, it shouldn't bee too bad.
thanks but no thanks :P everything after houdini5 on irix didn't run well at all.
that aside the joints dexter1 mentioned are too harsh. you'll see that if you're using a darker shader, they stand out too much like they wouldn't be part of the object.

maybe we can use this thread as a call to arms so to say and see if more members contribute their version of the logo. would be great having some kind of collection here.
r-a-c.de
Being the lazy guy I am I just extruded a nurbs tube. Your curves are pretty darn nice though, props.

:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
foetz wrote: maybe we can use this thread as a call to arms so to say and see if more members contribute their version of the logo. would be great having some kind of collection here.

Cool, I like that idea.

duck wrote: Being the lazy guy I am I just extruded a nurbs tube. Your curves are pretty darn nice though, props.

snap.png

Nice, thank you for sharing. :D