SGI: Computer Graphics

trying to solve a unresolvable symbol when running Mirai

gijoe77 wrote: I've been playing with an o2 I got off ebay. I put an 6.5.8m disk in the o2, installed Mirai and got the same infinite loop issue, so it goes further back than .22. I'll play with it some more.

i don't think the os version is the problem here since it always worked fine for me. did you try a vanilla irix with an equally vanilla account?
I don't really know the history of the 6.5.8 but it looked pretty darn vanilla to me - no customization, no nekoware/freeware, etc. I might just go down the path of fresh 6.5 install if I have free time just to see what happens
I was seeing the exact same error with N-World 3.1 on one of these Indy systems. Changing the date to 1999 solved it.

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+
neat! Y2K did impact us after all...

I'll dig up Mirai again and give it a shot!
well i'll be darned! that worked! How did you come to the idea to set the date to 99?

Figured it was probably a clock-related issue since nothing else about the system had changed.
Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+
gijoe77 wrote: well i'll be darned! that worked! How did you come to the idea to set the date to 99?

mirai.jpg

so you never tried my tip from page 1 - written in may of 2014 - to set the system date back a number of years? i thought i had sufficiently hinted that that made mirai work again. ;)
as i recall the culprit was the built-in lisp interpreter's license that expired at some point.
GIJoe wrote: so you never tried my tip from page 1 - written in may of 2014 - to set the system date back a number of years? i thought i had sufficiently hinted that that made mirai work again. ;)
as i recall the culprit was the built-in lisp interpreter's license that expired at some point.

ah my man, you were right! I think I did set my date back once or twice for grins and giggles, but it was not before 99 - who knew y2k was in effect here lol