Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks

Help with Indy PROM settings

I decided to try OpenBSD on my Indy and I followed this step from the instructions:

The kernel image loaded by default is specified in the ``OSLoadFilename'' variable, which defaults to ``unix''. To boot OpenBSD, set it to ``bsd''.

It booted fine and I played around with the OS for a couple hours before wanting to put IRIX back :D

But now I noticed that when I run 'resetenv' in the PROM command monitor**, OSLoadFilename defaults to /bsd instead of /unix. I tried 'unsetenv' and 'setenv -p' with no luck. It really isn't an issue as I can always manually set it to /unix whenever I want the default values back. But it just doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean.

Any ideas on how to get the PROM back to its normal self?

** I run resetenv whenever I reinstall IRIX, just so everything's back to factory default.
:O2: daenerys
Isn't there a command to save current settings? saveenv or something?
Torfinn
setenv -p saves settings across reboots and that works fine. It's just if I want to reset everything with resetenv, the default kernel is /bsd instead of /unix. I probably made it permanent (somehow) when I was messing around with OpenBSD. I think I'm just gonna get a new Dallas chip and see how that works out.
:O2: daenerys