Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks

Mounting an Irix CD on a Mac

Is this still impossible? Or has anyone got this to work? I need to get some files from an install CD onto my indy.
Well, you could port the EFS filesystem and SGI disklabel support over from Linux to OS X, or you could boot up Knoppix or other Linux in a VM and get at it that way. I'm lazy - I know what I'd do.

note - not positive that Knoppix still has EFS included. Debian does.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
Hi! I use trick :

1. install ubuntu with virtualbox
2. mount iso into ubuntu
3. su - root
4. dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/root/irix_cds/4.iso bs=16k
5. mount -o loop -t efs /root/irix_cds/4.iso /media/a
6. copy content from mounted volume into another dir
7. repeat steps 4 throw 6 for all need iso
8. transfer content from 7 into mac osx folder
9. burn, or use for install on network
Nice summary, SunForSun. And of course that should work whether you're running OSX or Windows.

Code:
Failed to open the CD/DVD image /Users/john/Desktop/IRIX-53.iso.
Could not get the storage format of the medium '/Users/david/Desktop/IRIX-53.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).

This is trying to attach the ISO to the virtual machine. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Copy the ISO into the virtual machine and mount it from there...