Everything Else

A great holiday approaches...

I do love the wife, and the kids, but this weekend coming they are buggering off to Devon without me... :D

So what's planned.. Well.. finally I get to re-do the office, including the tri monitor stand for my SGI monitors.
Out goes 1 fuel, in the loft.
Sitting on the desk will be 3 Octane 2s, two of which will be connected to SD/HD for media input, the third for pure editing.
One Fuel (800MHz) will stay, and hopefully I will have received my V12 for it and can finally get round to getting the DM6 to work with discreet.
The IBM Power5 will get a life back, hopefully (again) being able to connect via the KVM to a USB PS/2 adaptor.
Some PC's are going.
Replacing the Panasonic Ag-7750 SVHS player for a DVcam player + simple home VHS player.

It's going to be better than a trip to Disney world for me, and it's just Colin, Steve (my dogs) and myself.

oh and I have to fix the electrics in the kitchen, and get rid of the extension cable that runs though the sink.. :oops:

Well that's the plan anyway. (I'm sure there will be a few beers involved also).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
Do you want to adopt me? =)
It sounds like great fun!
Image Image
Shiunbird wrote: Do you want to adopt me? =)
It sounds like great fun!

Adopt you.. what makes you think you are younger than me you cheeky munchkin!.. :D
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote: Adopt you.. what makes you think you are younger than me you cheeky munchkin!.. :D

I've got no kids. =p
Image Image
And here I am.. alone.. maybe I will start by fitting my V12 in my FUEL.. or shall I go to the pub!!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
Personally, I always like to do a job or two, then go to the pub. That way the pint is a deserved celebration of a good job well done!

In fact, after spending several hours re-painting all the decking at the new house we moved to a few weeks ago, I'm about to crack open a beer myself now :)
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30
Trippynet wrote: Personally, I always like to do a job or two, then go to the pub. That way the pint is a deserved celebration of a good job well done!

In fact, after spending several hours re-painting all the decking at the new house we moved to a few weeks ago, I'm about to crack open a beer myself now :)

Well, that's what I did, installed the V12 and then buggared off to the pub.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
To paraphrase Homer Simpson; I would gladly kill everyone in this room for one drop of sweet beer... :P
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
So, I didn't quite get as much done as I would have liked.. the beer did get in the way..

I did though fit 3 monitor stand, which is excellent all so easy to move and adjust and gives me ultimate desk space. It was though not easy to fit.

Then there was the reduction.. I decided Power 5, Fuel, 2 Octane 2's were enough. Rest have gone to work.

And then the swap from sVHS to DVcam player.. this was a disaster, everything toppled and some things got bent.. thankfully, nothing broke, although I'd have trouble returning the black magic Analog - SD convertor.

So next up is a new thread on the DM6 fitted in a FUEL.. and getting it to work (my goal) in discreet apps, but need to start with the dmedia source examples.

AND WHY ARE MY PICS UPSIDE DOWN FFS!!! :x
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
Oh, computers, eh? Thought you were talking about great things like being the week guest for #SignalBoost!, or winning a free invitation pass for #CriticalRole's xxth episode! We've seen the gang dress like their characters, but I figured it was high time to do the reverse

I wonder how strange would be one week of attempts to grab a bite to a delicious slayerscake

A great holiday approaches... take a return ticket and fly away. I wonder what would have been happened if I was the one who was sitting next to Not Jason Bateman on the plane ...

Would I had met Marisha Ray ?!!!?!?!? Sit next to me?!?!?!?!?!?
Oh, sweet dreams are made of this :D Who am I to disagree?

Still wanna impress mom..
Head Full of Snow. Lemon Scented You
uunix wrote: So, I didn't quite get as much done as I would have liked.. the beer did get in the way..

I did though fit 3 monitor stand, which is excellent all so easy to move and adjust and gives me ultimate desk space. It was though not easy to fit.

Excellent. I have a "Wali" double monitor stand, it's one of those things where if you're messy like me it makes a big difference. Of course, the huge foot of the dell p2415q didn't help, either. (At least compared to the old apple screen which had a tiny foot). These stands are fairly cheap and a lot of people could benefit from them. You get back all the working space under the display.

Your setup looks real naice ;)