Everything Else

shipping fun

ivelegacy wrote: And I have checked the shipping agency price list to ship from italy to Europe/Zone1-5: no less than 50 euro

Probably there is another shipping agency in Italy? I'm thinking of bidding on this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Metroid-N ... 3ab05bb97b
The item is located in Italy, shipping to my place is 15eur.
nongrato wrote:
ivelegacy wrote: And I have checked the shipping agency price list to ship from italy to Europe/Zone1-5: no less than 50 euro

Probably there is another shipping agency in Italy?

There are many (including DHL and Fedex), and the price is the equal (oh well, Fedex can offer better and faster services, but the price is higher, so It was not considered), perhaps you can have cheap shipping, the question is: which quality ? Personally I do not ship anything without a track number and without ensuring the money of what is inside the parcel , which means money back to me, if they lose or if they make a damage, and You claim against me, especially if I am paid through paypal (1)!

Let me explain why

some time ago I shipped a workstation to germany, with a cheap shipping solution which (unfortunately) did not include tracking and assurance, and it happened they lost the parcel (or someone inside the shipping-agency stole it) and my customer claimed hard with paypal that I had to give money back to him, and so I was forced to do, which caused me a lot of troubles (2)

the conclusion: more than 400 euro gone lost, the money of the workstation, plus the money of the shipping. So I learnt the lesson: never ever I will ship anything for cheap , especially if payed through paypal, if you really really want cheap shipping you have to pay through bank money transfer and do not expect any refund in case the goods gone lost/damaged!

(1) paypal eats up to the 10% of the total and can block your credit card and bank account in order to get money to refund, and they do a lot of jam about that
(2) the account is completely blocked until they conclude their investigation, you have to trash a lot of time on the phone to explain wtf is happening, I use my paypal account for job purpose, so ... paypal is a fsck crap when you do not have a tracking number and an assurance
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
ivelegacy wrote: I do not ship anything without a track number

In Italia Paypal o pagamenti postali

SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES/SPEDIZIONE

Shipped from italy !!

ITALIA : Spedisco con raccomandata a 9 euro

EUROPE: registered mail 15 euro
nongrato wrote: EUROPE: registered mail 15 euro

Paypal wants a tracking number, that service - registered mail - is not compliant to their "customers protection plan" , it means you can't prove you have shipped, so you will be forced to refund, and does not include an assurance, it means that if the parcel is lost … you have to refund your customer, and nobody will refund you, ergo it's a pain in the wallet if something bad happens.
Also, that parcel is for a smaller package , you can't ship an Octane front panel with a small-parcel, buddy.

For small-size package I was asked for 20 euro for that (I shipped a GameBoy ADV to France), including tracking number and assurance, which is quite compatible and reasonable price (the difference is +5 euro), while Moates , an USA company, asked me 50 USD because they want to use a safe service (fast delivery, full assurance, handled by Fedex), and I had to accept, because they do not provide other shipping methods. So I payed 50 USD for a small package of 200g.

BTW, you offered 40 euro for the total (goods + shipping), which - sorry - it's not acceptable.

Good luck.
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
ivelegacy wrote: smaller package , you can't ship an Octane front panel with a small-parcel, buddy.

If you finally put your glasses on, buddy, you will see that SNES cartiridge in a box is about the same size as an Octane's front flap. Please, stop flooding my thread.
Octane, Front plastic, Bezel

nongrato wrote: SNES cartiridge in a box is about the same size as an Octane's front flap

If you read what people is offering instead of claiming it's not cheap! I was talking about the whole plastic front , it is called " Bezel " in SGI doc, and it's not just the flap-door . The flap-front-door is quite the size of the SNES cart , while the whole Bezel (which includes the flap-door and blanks panels) is quite 3 times bigger (considering the volume), and so the parcel, and so the cost! BTW, through skipe my friend has made me informed he has already sold it out, and in any case he absolutely didn't want to separate the flap-door from the whole Bezel , also because it was a brand new part. He said the Bezel has been sold for 50 euro + shipping (including an IP30 blue bulb as gift) = 90 euro payed (including the 7% of fee to be payed to paypal and full assurance), not for 40 euro shipped!.

Good luck on ebay.
ivelegacy wrote: my friend has made me informed.

Your imaginary friend, I assume? If you offer people what they need instead of claiming they don't wan't to buy it and bla bla bla. Please, stop being annoying.
nongrato wrote: Your imaginary friend, I assume?

we are a group of students. I was speaking about one of us. He is the dude which goes to exchange-fairs (e.g. Friedrichshafen, it's far) and sometimes meets people in the industry. Sometimes he meets very interesting people, and sometimes he does good bargains, but about "trips" and "meeting", I have different interests.

nongrato wrote: If you offer people what they need instead of claiming they don't wan't to buy it and bla bla bla.

never forced you to buy anything, simply you made me pissed off about your silly answer, like everything for cheap, and italians MUST use cheaper services. Oh well, I was thinking it was a misunderstanding, and I explained you about the reason why we are refusing to ship with too cheap services. Was it a blablabla ? NP, I can save my time, and you can enjoy my ignore list.