Everything Else

USB Mass Storage Bounty Schwag

Last week I applied to Kickstarter for hosting for our upcoming USB Mass Storage bounty. Kickstarter just given the project preliminary approval but I need your help. Kickstarter would like more reward suggestions for contributors. I had initially suggested usb flash drives with the Nekochan logo.

I'd like to hear some suggestions on rewards the project can give contributors to the project.
So preliminary approval means it's not on their "recently-launched" section yet?

I'd like to hear some suggestions on rewards the project can give contributors to the project.

Shnarkies, I don't know... Nice shiny new Tezro? :mrgreen:

According to the kickstarter faq:
--
Why do people support projects?

REWARDS! Project creators inspire people to open their wallets by offering smart, fun, and tangible rewards (products, benefits, and experiences).
--

I have no idea what folks around here would think is a worthwhile reward. They sometimes strike me as a pretty hard-to-please bunch... :lol:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
No, it's just preliminary until we get details ironed out. Rewards is one of them.
A SGI mug? :D
THE dream come true: Silicon Graphics' Octane
Image Octane R10000 225MHz, 2GB RAM, 1x36GB HDs, 21" monitor, SSI (no TRAM) graphics
Tacky T-shirt or pens.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Tabalabs wrote: A SGI mug? :D

That's a good idea. I'll have to check and see if he'd be willing to donate some to the project.
Uhm, my understanding is that zackwatt isn't creating these mugs for profit. So rather than asking him to foot the bill for some number of free mugs, would that not be something paid for out of the donations to the project fund? (I confess I haven't looked at the project site to see what mechanisms are provided or expected...)
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
smj wrote: Uhm, my understanding is that zackwatt isn't creating these mugs for profit. So rather than asking him to foot the bill for some number of free mugs, would that not be something paid for out of the donations to the project fund? (I confess I haven't looked at the project site to see what mechanisms are provided or expected...)

Sure, any freebies will be paid out of project funds. No one has to give anything to give away for free, just cheap ;)
How about working USB support as it's own reward? :D
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
sybrfreq wrote: How about working USB support as it's own reward? :D

If we want Kickstarter involved (which I do) then that's not an option.

However, by giving you get USB support working and everyone wins.
I will be submitting a revised proposal after the Holidays. Too insane to try to do anything now.