Everything Else

Mother Day...

How to you celebrate that day? I myself am going to take out my mother [aged 84] for an extended lunch, present her with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate bonbons with black truffles. Unfortunately, about four years ago, my mother was run over by a car and since then she can't walk properly anymore and never will...

don't forget to tell her to remind you the silly things you used to do when you couldn't walk without her (that would make her smile, i bet)

i'm just gonna have a drink in loving memory since mine died 5 years ago
I end up cleaning my mom's house, swept and mop the floors, did dishes, and did laundry. Taking a break right now then I'm going back to work cleaning.
Gray Fox wrote:
I end up cleaning my mom's house, swept and mop the floors, did dishes, and did laundry. Taking a break right now then I'm going back to work cleaning.
"Good boy", says your mother. Oh well - whatever age we are, for our mothers we'll be their kids forever for sure...

no matter what gifts you bring your parents, having them recalling the period they were the only ones to keep you alive + well is priceless.

i used to find all the silly things dang funny, helps to keep existential quests @ sane levels too :)

Oskar45 wrote:
...whatever age we are, for our mothers we'll be their kids forever for sure...

i consider this as a very nice/lucky state to be in