Apple

Advice Request: I need to sell a Pineapple (Apple II clone)

This is the sort of thing that seems like it would be historically significant (even if it's just a DIY assembly clone), but I don't know how many were made or if clones like these are necessarily that significant.

Most of the computer museums didn't seem interested in giving me shipping for the thing (which, to be fair, might be high considering its size and weight in box coming from Alaska—just as well, as I now find myself in need of selling some stuff to make rent anyway).

It comes with its box, a manual, and seems complete. Don't know if it works, or if it needs work to work.

So. Ebay? Is there an ideal forum that I should approach collectors? What do you think?

Edited to add this: https://archive.org/stream/byte-magazine-1982-08/1982_08_BYTE_07-08_Logo#page/n321/mode/2up This is basically it.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides
Holy shit. I'm sure some people here would be interested. Definitely post it for sale here, Amibay.com and VC Federation
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha
Ok. But that raises issues of pricing. What would be fair? I guess I should probably post more images. I'll try to do that later, since I've got a migraine at the moment, and that makes it hard to concentrate.

I literally cannot find any solid information for Pineapples . Near as I can tell, this thing is a ghost.

If it is, it's got a pretty nice badge on the chassis.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides
I have a Unitron apple II clone (Taiwanese, not Brazilian) and unsuccessfully tried to unload it for a fair amount of time. I decided I'd rather hold onto it than trash it, but as the value of *real* Apple ]['s are fairly low... kind of a shame as I'm sure period clones are very rare now. I also don't have an original apple][ but a 2e, so it's neat to have an original even if it's a clone.

I also have just the board for my Unitron. You might have better luck with a complete machine.

Maybe we can start an apple2-clone fan club? :)
Since I can't be a member of the Crimson club any more, I'd certainly join the fans of clones club. In lieu of dues I could design the logo!

Have you considered just mounting the Unitron board onto plexiglass or something and hang it on the wall? It's a cool piece of history; it should be displayed. Obviously not a solution I can really explore with the Pineapple, since it weighs kind of a lot and is huge.

The only non-Mac Apple II I have ever actually used was the Apple IIGS (currently with a busted CRT—going to try to get it fixed), and I only started messing it with it last year. Neat machine, but I'm probably going to have to part with it and all of it's nifty 16-bit goodness, too. I have two villains I'm currently fighting with: a lack of space, and a serious lack of funds. So I need to unload a few of my old things.

Someone else out there has the resources to properly care for these things, even get use out of them.

Anyway, I'll post a few more photos tomorrow.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
Here are a few more of the photos I took before putting it back in the box. The exterior of the box is in rough shape (it was mailed out), but the styrofoam insets are good.

Hero (I should have put a scale bar in there, but I didn't have a meter stick handy):
pineapple-hero.jpg
My hero shot.

Papered work :
manual.jpg
Has the manual!

Box (bit tattered on the outside, but inside, she's got it where it counts):
box.jpg
Shipping box. (Addresses digitally removed.)

Badge and Logo detail :
pineapple-badge.jpg
Badger.
pineapple-logo.jpg
Logo.

Some innards :
pineapple-innards.jpg
Guts.

pineapple-cpu.jpg
And as you can see, it _is_ a clone.

pineapple-drive-card.jpg
I believe this might be an extra. I don't know about Apples. But this is a clone, so I know really even less.

pineappple-thisboard.jpg
I forget what this is. Oh, I kill me.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
Holy freakin' wow, socketed ICs! :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Very nice kit. I have fond memories of Apple ][ clones. Had some myself back in the day. I hope you find a good home for it!
The Bandito wrote: In a few years, no doubt, you'll be able to buy a computer,
software and operating system that will match the capabilities
of your current Amiga at about the price you paid for the
Amiga way back when. But you can smile to yourself, knowing
that you were touching the future years before the rest of
the world. And that other computers and operating systems
will do with brute force what the Amiga did years before with
grace, elegance and style.

Eroteme.ch - my end of the internet...
Me too!

Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to be too picky about where it ends up. We need the space/cash pretty badly.

vishnu wrote: Holy freakin' wow, socketed ICs! :shock:

Yep! It was apparently a kit.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us