Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Sharp X68000

I really can't think of a more fitting forum to be asking around in. :mrgreen:

So in my travels in Japan earlier this month I picked up a rather incomplete X68000 ACE HD for a justified amount (6800 yen). The "incomplete part" when I saw it was the power supply was completely missing. Now that I'm back and I've had a chance to strip it down for cleaning I found out what else it might have issues with.

-The battery had leaked but that has since been removed, cleaned and repaired
-The SASI cabling, drive and bracket are missing
-There's two sockets on the system board marked for an ODD and EVEN rom and they are both empty

I've gained enough experience now that I can totally build a new bracket for a hard disk, plus make new SASI cabling but there's so much about this damn machine that's a complete mystery. There's enough information online to adapt a relatively small and low power ATX power supply to work with the machine but the real questions are those two empty sockets. Every photo I have seen so far of my board shows them empty but there's no other ROM on the board or in the machine at all. I can't find even a hint of their existance. NFGames might have something but their site is such a mess that some pages you can't even access unless you go through google.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
It looks like the CZ-611C has 128KB of IPL and 768KB of character ROM. I would expect those to be soldered, but the IPL might be socketed.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: