Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Asus Mypal reflashing

I got a free Asus MyPal A632N from jax184 a few weeks ago and only today got a charging cable for it however after I powered it on I discovered that it had chinese firmware and everything was in chinese. The only way to get it into english is to replace the firmware and it seems the firmware can be easily located here and here however:
1 - It staes that I should not try reflashing with a different language firmware (I don't know if it will brick it or they just don't want you to do it)
2 - Supposedly the system will not allow you to even try and install a different language firmware.

Supposedly you can patch the firmware or something but this is all to new to me, this patcher won't even work witht he latest (V30723) firmware) and I would rather get information on this before I try reflashing and bricking a perfectly good PDA with a built-in GPS.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Anything? Really? Nothing?

I'm getting desperate.
so far the closest I got to finding more info was here but most of the posts were "thanks for the info" or "help me! I bricked my PDA!"
Someone here must know what to do. Please.