IRIX and Software

Has anyone ever ported Irrlicht to Irix?

This page lists Irix among the Unix systems Irrlicht exists for, but I've never seen any Irix-related downloads in the Irrlicht site. I'm assuming that one is supposed to compile it from the source, but in the Irrlicht forum, nobody has ever been able to tell me more about that, except that there is going to be trouble because of the endianness.
I thought that maybe they don't know much about that specific architecture, so can anyone here tell me more? Does a pre-made port exist, or would I have to do it myself?
Aside from the endianness the program requires openGL 1.5 which i am unsure if the VPro Octane/Fuel will support. Older hardware will not be supported by the program because of texture support (I believe Impact+TRAM will only support up to 1.2).
You can fall back to software rendering, but i guess that's a bit pointless on IRIX machines.

It does not have any substantial build environment, just a bare Makefile in source. Which is actually a good thing, so chances you can get it to compile with neko_gcc. Probably a few modifications in os.cpp are necessary to choose the proper defines.
The code is mainly targeted at Linux and Windows machines, so it will require some work.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
Wikipedia confirms that VPro cards support up to OpenGL 1.2, but I've asked the same question in the Irrlicht forum, and the reply I got was:
Google says the card supports OpenGL 1.2, so yes, latest irr should run from source.

I've already asked them about this conflicting information, and so far they haven't answered. Where did you find the reference to OpenGL 1.5?

EDIT:
dexter1 wrote: (I believe Impact+TRAM will only support up to 1.2).

You are right in saying it's not supported, but the reason is that Impact+TRAM only supports up to 1.1 .
Devil Master wrote: I've already asked them about this conflicting information, and so far they haven't answered. Where did you find the reference to OpenGL 1.5?

When i ran the Demo program on my laptop, it displayed a few rendering options before the Demo starts. DirectX9, OpenGL, software rendering, stuff like that. OpenGL 1.5 was one of the options. That is why i assumed it ran only on systems supporting openGL 1.5 and up.

And thanks for clarifying openGL version support for Impact, it's been a while since i sat behind my Indigo2 Impact machine.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
dexter1 wrote: When i ran the Demo program on my laptop, it displayed a few rendering options before the Demo starts. DirectX9, OpenGL, software rendering, stuff like that. OpenGL 1.5 was one of the options. That is why i assumed it ran only on systems supporting openGL 1.5 and up.

You're right. I just ran the Quake3Map.exe demo, and it does say 1.5. I'll ask for more information in the Irrlicht forum.
Interesting. 1.4.2, at least, does run the Quake3Map demo on 10.4 on my Power Mac G5. This is noteworthy because not only is Mac PowerPC also big endian, but Tiger is only OpenGL 1.2. So I think it may work just fine on Irix.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...