Hardware Wanted

Wanted: HP ZX6000 Parts Required or Complete Tower

Hi,

I recently purchased a HP ZX6000 ia64 tower off ebay, however it is missing the plastic skins!

Specifically, the two silver plastic side covers and the black top plastic cover. The part numbers are listed below.
HP P/N:A7231-04041
HP P/N:A7231-04064
HP P/N:A7231-40036

I have contacted HP directly and a local part reseller and apparently the parts are EOL and they cannot source them.
Does anyone have these parts that is willing to sell to me, (in good condition, hopefully leftover from a rack conversion)!

Or alternatively, a complete tower system, working or not with all plastics in good appearance and intact.

Let me know what is available!

I am located in Sydney, Australia.

Regards,
Peter
These are very rare and if (rarely) available, very pricey.

I seem to remember a zx6000/rx2600 “deskside pedestal mounting kit”, albeit new, to cost around EUR 350. (Things like bezels are also rare and very pricey. The most affordable bezel I saw recently, in years actually, wasn't even for an Integrity but 9000; for the similar form factor rp3440, I believe.)

Depending on how much you're willing to spend, it's probably best to contact third-party resellers and specialized dealers. Over in Australia you have Systemax via eBay , they often have excellent prices. I remember I ordered a few things from them in the past, often for a fraction of the price of the same things offered here in Europe and in the USA; even with shipping costs included in the total sum and on each occasion the items seemed like new, or were simply new! (I'm not in any way affiliated to them, just sharing my experiences.) You could try and contact them, to see if they have anything for you. It's perhaps worth a try.

• Offering various remaining (system) parts, many compatible with IRIX and OpenVMS AXP / I64 ;
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1 GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).
Yes, i think my only bet may be to hunt down a complete low end system on ebay.

There are a few zx6000 tower workstations on there right now, but unfortunately i can't convince anyone to ship internationally....
Not to mention the prices are a little more than im prepared to pay considering the extra expense for shipping to Australia.

There seems to be a reasonable amount parts for the zx6000 / rx2600 on ebay, but no one has the tower skins and front bezel.....
I have sent messages to ebay sellers who seem to sell parts from stripped zx6000 systems but to no-one has anything... Im trying :D

I have already been in contact with systemax-online, they dont have anything currently in stock.
Teddy wrote:
Yes, i think my only bet may be to hunt down a complete low end system on ebay.

Have you used the system much so far? (Out of curiosity, which operating system[s]?)

Quote:
There seems to be a reasonable amount parts for the zx6000 / rx2600 on ebay, but no one has the tower skins and front bezel.....

Same situation as many years ago then...

Quote:
I have already been in contact with systemax-online, they dont have anything currently in stock.

Too bad, sorry to hear. Well, good luck with the hunt.

• Offering various remaining (system) parts, many compatible with IRIX and OpenVMS AXP / I64 ;
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1 GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).