Hardware Wanted

Wanted Xbow 1.4 front plane

Just discovered the hard way by trying to install my V12 board that my Octane 2 only has an Xbow ASIC of 1.3.

So I need a front plane with an 1.4 xbow.

I've read through the Octane manual and it states that the personality module needs to be transfered from the old front plane to the new front plane.
Is the version of the Xbow stored in the module or is the front plane electronically/mechanically different from the 1.3 Xbow?

thegoldbug

:ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :320: :320: :320: :320: :Indy: x5 :Indy: x2 :1600SW: x5 :Indigo: x7
Vault L, 6-1200s, Fibre Hub, Dials, Boards, spares, 3 Sun Blade 2000s, Sun Fire V480, 2-Hero 2000 Robots, 5-Hero 1 Robots
thegoldbug wrote:

So I need a front plane with an 1.4 xbow.

thegoldbug

I got one Mike, don't remember what I paid for it and never used it, but since I'm cash strapped...make me an offer.

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :0300: :Indy: :Indy: :320: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Quote:
I've read through the Octane manual and it states that the personality module needs to be transfered from the old front plane to the new front plane.
Is the version of the Xbow stored in the module or is the front plane electronically/mechanically different from the 1.3 Xbow?

It's the little "number in a can" at the top left (IIRC) of the frontplane. Take it out of the 1.3 and put it in the 1.4 because it's used for systemID, licenses and such.

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"