Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: Synology DS212+, 3x WDC WD2003FYYS (2TB), 4x WD4000F9YZ (4 TB) in NL (beware: 1.2 MB image attachments)

Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded from my trusted DS212+ to a DS216+II along with an expansion in storage space so I'm left with the old NAS and seven hard disk drives. Six of these have been used (3 each of 2 TB and 4 TB) and one (4 TB) is still factory sealed. The hardware was kept very well and is in good working (and optical, in the case of the NAS) condition. All information available to me is given here below.

All six used drives were zeroed fully with dd. These are enterprise class drives, WD RE4s in the case of the 2 TB models and WD Ses in the case of the 4 TB models. Do note, however, that all drives, including the factory-sealed one, are out of warranty as of the time of sale.

The NAS with two of the 4 TB drives inside was upgraded to the latest and greatest DSM version and factory reset. This model still receives regular updates from Synology.

The Goods

General info

Shipping is out of the Netherlands by registered parcel. Tariffs can be checked on the Dutch Postal Services website (1) and some representative ones are included in the descriptions.

All items are sold as is without any warranty express or implied beyond the honest descriptions given herein. All sales are final. Weights are given in the descriptions. Please check the data provided below and know what you are buying!

Payment can be effected by SEPA bank transfer or PayPal and must be done in full before I ship. In general, where applicable, I am looking for less than the bottom end of second hand going prices or best offer. Don't be shy to suggest something, especially if you want the lot. I am offering various discounts if you take multiple items.

Any questions, please ask. Wanting to buy? Get in touch. All via PM please. Items sold or spoken for will be marked as such.

This is some nice gear which still has a lot of life left in it. Hopefully someone will give it a good new home.

Thanks for looking!

Synology DS212+

One available, either empty or with two 4 TB drives or two 2 TB drives inside at a price advantage over individual cost. Total running time estimated at 28,500 h or 1,187.5 d or 3.25 years. Runs DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 (2017/05/25). Specs as per manufacturer (2) . Comes with stock ethernet cable and PSU in a DS-216+II box.

2nd hand going prices: EUR 110 - EUR 200
Looking for: EUR 100, 10 % off if taken with two 2 TB drives, 15 % off if taken with two used 4 TB drives, 20 % off if taken with one used and one new 4 TB drive (a real steal!)
Weight: 2.3 kg without drives, 3.8 kg with drives
Shipping: NL - 8.15 EUR (registered parcel), EU - 21.15 EUR (registered parcel), RoW - 35.95 (registered parcel)

WDC WD2003FYYS (2 TB) (3 available)

N.B.: HDD lifetime percentages are given in function of "the total expected lifetime of a hard disk in perfect condition" (3) .

Drives were used either in the NAS in a RAID 1 configuration hibernating after 20 minutes of inactivity or as external backup waking up three times a day then going back into hibernation. Specs as per manufacturer (4) .

Drives 2A and 2B are in very good condition, used 40 % and 6 % respectively. 2C has a single instance of multi-zone error rate entry, used 15 %.

2nd hand going prices: EUR 60 - EUR 75
New (where available): EUR 136
Looking for: EUR 50, 10 % off if taken with a second 2 or 4 TB drive, 15 % off if taken with a third 2 or 4 TB drives, 20 % off if taken with the new 4 TB drive
Weight: 745 g
Shipping: NL - 8.15 EUR (registered parcel), EU - 14.65 EUR (registered parcel), RoW - 25.95 (registered parcel) (for 1 - 2 HDDs)
Shipping: NL - 8.15 EUR (registered parcel), EU - 21.15 EUR (registered parcel), RoW - 35.95 (registered parcel) (for 3+ HDDs)

WDC WD4000F9YZ (4 TB) (3 used available, 1 new available)

Drives were used either in the NAS in a RAID 1 configuration hibernating after 20 minutes of inactivity or as external backup waking up three times a day then going back into hibernation. Specs as per manufacturer (5) .

Drives 4B and 4C are in very good condition, used 25 %. 4A has four offline uncorrectable sectors, used 11 %.

2nd hand going prices: EUR 130
New (where available): EUR 150 - EUR 250
Looking for: EUR 100 (!) for 4A, 4B or 4C, 10 % off if taken with a second 2 or 4 TB drive, 15 % off if taken with a third 2 or 4 TB drives, 20 % off if taken with the new 4 TB drive
Looking for: EUR 140 (!) for 4D, 10 % off if taken in combination with (an)other hard drive(s) and / or the NAS
Weight: 760 g
Shipping: NL - 8.15 EUR (registered parcel), EU - 14.65 EUR (registered parcel), RoW - 25.95 (registered parcel) (for 1 - 2 HDDs)
Shipping: NL - 8.15 EUR (registered parcel), EU - 21.15 EUR (registered parcel), RoW - 35.95 (registered parcel) (for 3+ HDDs)

Lastly, 25 % off for whoever takes the NAS and all three 2 TB drives, 30 % off for whoever takes the NAS and all three used 4 TB drives, 35 % off for whoever takes the NAS and all four 4 TB drives and 40 % off (!) for whoever takes the lot.

Cheers, Hakimoto

S.M.A.R.T. data for the used drives:

2A

2b

2C

4A

4B

4C
The Bandito wrote: In a few years, no doubt, you'll be able to buy a computer,
software and operating system that will match the capabilities
of your current Amiga at about the price you paid for the
Amiga way back when. But you can smile to yourself, knowing
that you were touching the future years before the rest of
the world. And that other computers and operating systems
will do with brute force what the Amiga did years before with
grace, elegance and style.

Eroteme.ch - my end of the internet...
NAS + 2 used 4 TB drives spoken for. Pending final sale.

Not sold. NAS and all HDDs are still available.