Hardware For Sale/Trade

Free and FS: O2 and two Indys

Hi all,

I'm downsizing slightly by getting rid of 3 machines I have which are either never used these days, or are broken (and hence for parts only). My working O2, Indigo2 and Fuel are being kept incidentally :)

As these are low spec and/or broken, the two none-working ones are available for free. The working one can be yours for a minimal sum (make me an offer!) Only catch is you either have to pick them up from Aberdeen (UK), or pay for the shipping.

So, we have the following available...

-----------------------------------------------

O2 R5000PC 180MHz (none-working, parts only, FREE!).

Skins are a bit scratched and are broken in a couple of places. There's a snapped piece missing at the rear, strap over the CD drive is broken, the lid is missing, PSU cover and CD drive covers are missing. The base is intact and in decent condition though. I obtained this as a broken spare when I received my working O2 many years back. Metal chassis looks to have been modded with the plate between the two hard drive modules removed. I was told this was done as a test to try and fit a 1 inch high hard drive many years back.

System comes with motherboard, PCI riser, the rarer but slow R5000PC 180MHz module (part number 030-1039-002), basic audio-only board. No RAM is fitted. The system does not power up when tested, so either the PSU or motherboard appears dead. No hard drive cages are included either.

If anyone wants the whole system for a few spares, it's yours for free. If there's no interest, I will be willing to part out some components if required, all for free (shipping costs only).

----------------------------------------------

2 x Indy R4600SC 133MHz, 24 bit graphics.

Skins are in decent condition. Nothing broken at all, just a few minor scratches on the top (and no black lids :) )

Both are Nidec PSUs. One is known as dead (died many years back, just won't power up). The other is fully working (and tested!).

Dead system has no RAM (pinched it for my Indigo 2), but the main board and CPU were working the last time I tested it. Comes with a 1GB hard drive with IRIX 6.5 installed (exact version unknown, but probably 6.5.20). System is available for FREE!

Working system has 128MB RAM and a 4GB hard drive (1" high, so sitting loose in the system at present - I do have a spare HDD caddy though for it). System boots up fine, root pw is known and provided, and it has IRIX 6.5.20 installed (base installation pretty much). I can throw in an IndyCam, and also have a keyboard and mouse for it as well if you want (early/chunky style, a bit yellowed). Dallas battery appears to be working OK at the moment (although it's the original one, so could die any time).

Please make me an offer for the working one. Of course, I'm not expecting much! :)

Indigo2 not included :)

Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30
I don't know anything about SGI, as I mostly collect DEC stuff, but I have always fancied at least one SGI machine. So the working Indy you have is of interest, with the Indycam, mouse, keyboard and HDD caddy. I live in Manchester and would of course cover postage. I have no idea what to offer, what sort of sum were you looking for? Also, can you be more explicit about the fault with the bad one, is it just the PSU that is broken? If so I may be able to fix that and get a working system.

Thanks

Rob
All systems are "under offer" at present. Many thanks for all the PMs about these so far!
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30
And that's all three systems now fully claimed.

Many thanks for all the offers I've had for them, and I'm glad they're all going to new homes :)
Systems in use: