Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: dual Xeon 3 Ghz Server with 12 Gb RAM.

Hello guys!

I am considering to sell my server because I barely use it in the lab anymore. The machine is very dated, but also completely new. I mean, I assembled it some months ago using brand new components that I bought here and there.

These are the specs:

Mainboard: Intel SE7501HG2 (3 PCI slots; 2 PCI-X slots at 100 Mhz; 1 PCI-X slot at 133 Mhz and I think that two Gigabit Ethernet ports) . Anyway, it is better to check the official web page:
( http://www.intel.com/support/motherboar ... 007344.htm )
I have updated the BIOS and everything that can be updated.

Total Memory: 12GB ECC DIMM DDR266 Registered

Processors: 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) MP CPU 3.00GHz (2T 3GHz/ 3GHz, 2x 512kB L2, 2x 4MB L3). They have one core, but two threads. They are NOT x64 CPUs

Hard disk drives: 2 x MAXTOR ATLAS10K5_146WLS (146.8GB, SCSI, SCSI-3, 10002rpm)

Graphic cards: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 with 512 Mb (it is PCI, not PCI-E) and ATI Rage XL/XC (integrated in the motherboard)

Sound card: Creative Labs SB0570 [SB Audigy SE]

Other cards: two PCI cards, each one with 4 USB 2.0 ports

Storage: DVD-RW recorder and floppy disk drive :D .

Case: it is a big Supermicro with a nice 400W power supply. It has redundant fans and I checked it before mounting the other components. The case was a gift from a member of the forum that gave me an old server and it is NOT new.

The computer happily runs many operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, normal Linux distributions, etc. It can be used as a normal desktop computer and it is not even extremely noisy for a server. I my hands, it has been very reliable, although the mobo beeps quite a lot when you switch on the computer. This does not mean that is faulty. It first beeps because it does not find some cables that it is expecting to have connected when an Intel PSU is installed (they are for auxiliary power). Then it beeps because the BIOS does not “officially” support the CPUs, they are newer that the mobo and it cannot be updated anymore so you will have to live with the beeping warnings.

I am asking for 125 pounds , because all the components are basically new, including the hard disk drives and the DVD drive. It is quite heavy so, ideally, you should come an pick it up. I am actually living in London and the computer is located in area 2 (Hammersmith Hospital Campus). I have never had a problem with it but I cannot offer you any guarantee :roll: . However, you can come and check it just to be sure that it is as described and it is in perfect condition :) .
Image _ Betty Blue _
R12000A 400 Mhz ; 1 Gb RAM ; 72 Gb 15K HDD; IRIX 6.5.29
CrystalEyes; Dial Box; O2Cam "ZEYE"; external Toshiba SD-M1711 DVD-ROM; Octane speakers;
Lock bar; SGI microphone.
Mods: PSU Noctua fan; internal Toshiba SD-M1401 DVD-ROM; Adaptec AIC-7880P SCSI card.

_ REKIEM_I7 _
Seasonic X 1250W PSU / Intel I7 2600k 4 x 5,00 Ghz / 2 x Gainward 2Gb GTX 560Ti Phantom 2 / 32 Gb DDR3 / Intel x25-M 160 Gb SSD and 10 extra Tb
_ REKIEM_T5400 _
875W PSU / 2 x Intel Xeon Harpertown 4 x 3,33 Ghz / 1 x EVGA Geforce 4Gb GTX 980 Supercloked / 32 Gb DDR2 667 ECC / Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB SSD and 3 extra Tb
_ Raspberry Pi _
:|