Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: Digital Multia/UDB VX40, VX42 and extras

Digital Equipment Corporation Multia/UDB VX40 and VX42. The former is a 166-MHz DECchip 21066/LCA4 system with the maximal 256 Mbytes RAM, SCSI HBA and more. The latter is mainly the motherboard with the 233-MHz DECchip 21068/LCA4 processor and with RAM (of unknown quantity, I think about 128 Mbytes) in all the slots. The latter is, needless to say, the fastest Alpha-powered Multia/UDB ever made, to my knowledge (and ignoring the unsupported [?] “300 MHz” setting). Untested and even more so, rare .

Along with that, I can also provide a later generation SCSI HBA (for in the PCI riser slot) with a conveniently chained, 50-pin, SCSI cable and a (rare?) 3½" HDD bracket. In fact, I also have an entire case, with a questionable PSU (with connectors that have to be re-soldered).

I have pictures and can also look up the exact part numbers, but I'm very busy at the moment. Best is to contact me.

• Offering various remaining systems and parts, several interestingly compatible with both IRIX and OpenVMS ( AXP and I64 );
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1-GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).
Winnili wrote:
(and ignoring the unsupported [?] “300 MHz” setting).

That's the self-immolation jumper.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
SAQ wrote:
That's the self-immolation jumper.

That's just about any jumper, with the stock ‘cooling’...

• Offering various remaining systems and parts, several interestingly compatible with both IRIX and OpenVMS ( AXP and I64 );
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1-GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).