Hardware For Sale/Trade

Awesome Craigslist Octane ad

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/sys/1826684921.html
For the day the link goes dead:

Quote:
Silicon Graphics SGI Octane + detritus - $25 (san mateo)

For sale - the last remnants of my former career at Silicon Graphics, featuring the enclosure (but not the electronics) for the Octane workstation (excellent condition), a set of clear feet for the Indigo2 workstation and the original machined prototype for the feet, the wristwatch that the CEO gave all the employees in 1993 when we reached a one billion dollar revenue run rate, two stupid Indigo2 Extreme colored cloth tubes intended to be worn as hats, and best of all, the Octane Soundtrack CD, featuring the hit single "Ignite Your Mind" and Octane Love Song. No wonder their main campus is now the Googleplex. Years of hard work and dashed hopes all yours for the miserly sum of $25. Act now and I'll throw in some old SGI graphics boards and a CPU from (I think) the Indigo2.
I sent him an email already, I hope I can get it...

Octane2 2x600 V12 8GB
- Octane2 600 V12 2GB - Octane 2x400 V10 2GB
O2 350 CRM 256MB - Indigo² 195 Max Impact 386MB - Indigo² 250 Extreme 386MB

"I'm totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because if you can, I'd love to see him try."