Hardware For Sale/Trade

V12 for Fuel

eMGee wrote: The price price sounds good and combined with your location, which is relatively nearby, it's all the better.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but this will only fits the O3000 range ( Fuel, Tezro, O350 , etc.), correct? Just to be sure. Someone I know is planning on getting an Octane and might be very interested (although if it won't be an Octane2 , a V12 naturally would cease to be a possibility, if it was to begin with of course...)

I believe the Fuel V12 won't work in the Octane XIO slots. But I could be wrong...but think not!

Why is your friend not getting a Fuel? Faster memory, 2x faster SCSI, internal CDROM/DVDROM, faster single processor...quieter (Although that can be corrected!) Or does he want dual? Just curious...

-J
No SGI box currently...Snif!
JacquesT wrote: I believe the Fuel V12 won't work in the Octane XIO slots. But I could be wrong...but think not!

You're right. The Fuel V12 also doesn't just "work" in Origin 3xxx or 350 - even with an XIO brick. You need a special (and unbelievably rare) InfinitePerformace V-Brick to use it with these systems.

So basically the Fuel V12 is for Fuel, and not much else.
bri3d wrote: So basically the Fuel V12 is for Fuel, and not much else.

and Tezro..
schleusel wrote:
bri3d wrote: So basically the Fuel V12 is for Fuel, and not much else.

and Tezro..

:oops: yeah