SGI: Hardware

O2 and crystal eye glasses

What additional hardware is required for crystal eye glasses on o2?
And does anyone have hardware available?

Seen in this article mentions O2 but standard O2 doesn't have a crystal eye connector like Indy or octane.

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/Stereograp ... GI_systems .

Have a vague memory that one of the digital add on boards might have the connector.
:O2: r12 400 mapleleaf
New Zealand
yes, the presenter board has a minidin-3 stereo connector. But the stereo sync signal may be available from another place within the IP32 itself.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
I have a few of these actually.
the o2, exactly it needs the presenter video option addon board, which will also hook up to the presenter LCD monitor.
then you need the glasses, & possibly an IR emiter. It kind of depends on what your doing.

-mb
:Tezro: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2+: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Onyx:
I was hoping it would have been the 1600w adaptor card.

I have a nerdkit (and Arduino) and starting with electronics.
Was going to make a serial communicating glove to control a simple opengl cube.
For that VR experience to be that little more complete the goggles would have been perfect.
It's for a hackathon project - a multi faceted DIY learning experience.

If i cannot find a presenter card - and to work i guess i need a presenter display too? I guess I could buy an indigo2 or Indy but the project was make use of my O2 not accumulate another computer.

If you have some bits to part with, pm me with what youre looking for in return. Any sensible offers considered.
New Zealand
So there is an adapter card known as STEREO-XEYE from Qualix. And there is the O2 Presenter card available from a few sources cheaply.

Presenter: Can anyone confirm that you can use the regular hd15 VGA output with the sync being sento out of the glasses port, or do you also have to be driving the presenter display. I believe they might share the same video buffer so effectively mirror the output?

I would love to see a screen shot of the video control panel or similar.
New Zealand
Yes, the stereo sync port is for use with the VGA output, because neither the Presenter 1280 panel nor the 1600SW panel is capable of stereo refresh rates. You either use the flat panel port or the stereo port, not both at once.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: