Nekochan Net

Prevent phpBB 'code' tag from eating leading spaces?

As noted here , phpBB's 'code' tag removes any leading spaces from a line - which, for code, is almost definitely not what's wanted.

Is there any phpBB setting which can be hacked/changed to preserve all line-spacing within 'code' tags?
It seems to work fine here (Safari 3.0.4) ...

Code:
. -> no leading spaces
. -> 2 spaces
. -> 4
. -> 8
. -> 16

What browser are you using? It's possible it doesn't have support for the CSS white-space property or that it in some way alters the text you enter.
Interesting - I can see spaces in your reply...

I pasted in the output from 'diff' in the post above ( http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16878 ) with neko_firefox-2.0.0.11, and I can't see any leading spaces!
I haven't noted any problems with it either - otherwise all of the 'hinv' outputs would look funny, and they're all fine.

All Rights Reserved.
It must be something about the characters in the text, then (the troffrc file does tend to look like line-noise ;) ) - I've just re-edited the post with Safari, and the message body definitely contains leading spaces... which the rendered version definitely doesn't.

So there's definitely something wrong here - but it's something which doesn't affect hinv posts or SOB's post above.

Code:
. <- test 0
. <- test 0
. <- test 1
. <- test 1
. <- test 2
. <- test 2

Ah-ha! There we go! Single spaces at the start of lines in code blocks are being dropped!