Nekochan Net

macbook nekochan login loop - Page 2

porter wrote:
Perhaps it's the Great Firewall Of China?

Nah. When the gfw gets in the way you just can't get there. Someday I have to get a vpn to the great outdoors.
hamei wrote:
Was outside several days last week, tried to use the Assist's Macbook. Could go to nekochan and login. Then as soon as I tried anything it looped me right back to the login screen. This is an Intel Macbook, about 13." Whichever OS X came on it a year ago, using Safari.

Anyone else have this happen ? No trouble with Fireflop on either Windows or irix. Cookies on, Javascript on, nothing I can think of that would do this ?

I get the same problem on a G5 10.5 and x86 10.6... and it has only started in the last month or two.

I typed "safari logout" into the search on phpBB site and this was the only relevant link in the search, unless I missed something:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&start=15

*shrug*

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :0300: <-> :0300: <-> :0300: :O200: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2000: :hpserv: J5600,
3 x SUN, 2 x Mac, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 2 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.
Is Private Browsing turned on? In older versions of Safari IIRC, Private Browsing wouldn't store any cookies, so anything that relied solely on cookies didn't work.

If this is still going on I can try updating the cookie domain from "forums.nekochan.net" to ".nekochan.net". Only problem with this is everyone will need to delete their old "forums.nekochan.net" cookies afterwards to prevent login loops on every browser and OS.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
If this is still going on I can try updating the cookie domain from "forums.nekochan.net" to ".nekochan.net". Only problem with this is everyone will need to delete their old "forums.nekochan.net" cookies afterwards to prevent login loops on every browser and OS.

Don't mess up anything for me. I have to use that laptop about twice a year, no big deal and definitely not worth inconveniencing anyone else.