Nekochan Net

macbook nekochan login loop - Page 1

Was outside several days last week, tried to use the Assist's Macbook. Could go to nekochan and login. Then as soon as I tried anything it looped me right back to the login screen. This is an Intel Macbook, about 13." Whichever OS X came on it a year ago, using Safari.

Anyone else have this happen ? No trouble with Fireflop on either Windows or irix. Cookies on, Javascript on, nothing I can think of that would do this ?
hamei wrote:
Was outside several days last week, tried to use the Assist's Macbook. Could go to nekochan and login. Then as soon as I tried anything it looped me right back to the login screen. This is an Intel Macbook, about 13." Whichever OS X came on it a year ago, using Safari.

Anyone else have this happen ? No trouble with Fireflop on either Windows or irix. Cookies on, Javascript on, nothing I can think of that would do this ?

You should turn on console or the Safari developer tools and see what they say. Also, what version or OSX / Safari? 2.x and 3.x aren't nearly as web compliant 4.x.

We'll be off to luoyangang wednesday, will try again there. Thanks for the hints.
Terminal.ap is in: Applications -> Utilities (so is Console, which you can use to view system.log etc).

One quick thing to try -- it won't solve the problem on your existing account, but it might get you back on the web faster if you're pressed for time. If you have admin access, try creating a fresh account and seeing if the new account has the same problem. If the new account works, your old account probably has corrupted prefs or caches somewhere.
josehill wrote:
If the new account works, your old account probably has corrupted prefs or caches somewhere.

You could also try resetting Safari with the "Reset Safari..." option from the Safari menu.
ShadeOfBlue wrote:
You could also try resetting Safari with the "Reset Safari..." option from the Safari menu.

Cool. I never noticed that before.

I must be getting old. I remember the days when I would try every menu item on a program, just to see what each one did. A long time ago, it seems.
ShadeOfBlue wrote:

What does that look like in chinese ? :D
Hamei: you could also install firefox for OSX. :P

Now, all kidding aside, I think I've seen similar issues on my linux box, long ago. Can't remember offhand which sites or browsers. There has to be a rather trivial fix, if it had been hard to fix I'd remember...

What does that look like in chinese ? :D

Im not sure what it looks like in chinese, but here is a screen shot of the english location...

Was the assistant on strike <or just worried you'd fubar her Mac Book>? :D

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
Was the assistant on strike <or just worried you'd fubar her Mac Book>? :D

The latter. If she's anywhere near when I touch the precious MacBook it looks like the Rumble in the Jungle. :(
Is the problem that you get bounced back to the Nekochan login screen or the Mac OS X login screen? I thought you meant the latter, but now I'm thinking that you meant the former. If so, the Safari reset option mentioned earlier looks like a good one. You might also check to see if there are any plug-ins installed that might be causing a problem.
Hi all,

Having the same problem on my iMac running 10.5.8 and safari 4.0.3. Keeps looping me back to the login screen.
i.e. I get the successful login screen, then 2 secs later re-directed to the login screen again.

I've tried the Safari reset and no luck so far.

Typing this on my Mini 9, 10.5.6 and Safari 3.2.1.

[edit] Firefox 3.5.3 works !

NeXTStation Color & Mono
Whatever the problem is, it's certainly not universal. I run 10.6.1 with Safari 4.0.3 and haven't seen any login loops.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
Whatever the problem is, it's certainly not universal. I run 10.6.1 with Safari 4.0.3 and haven't seen any login loops.

My guess is its a bug in Safari but I'm not allowed near the Macbook too much, so whatever the problem is will probably remain a mystery. Maybe we need a netbook, the Mac is just too big to be draggng all over the country.
nekonoko wrote:

None of my 10.5 or 10.6 machines have this problem either.

Perhaps it's the Great Firewall Of China?
I had a loopback issue once when the system times didn't match closely enough, not on mac, but pc, and different forum, so YMMV.