• Ports: USB, RJ-45, VGA, 56-watt AC Power Adapter

Features:
  • Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
  • Improved keyboard and mouse support
  • Remote firmware update and access to critical server settings
  • Graphical console redirection with accelerated graphics
  • Remote Drive Support

Wikipedia has more informations about

Someone has experienced with this module :D ?

I'd like to know how it works in details, low level details, e.g. what does it do on PCI, and if it can stand alone
I wish I could enter into the vegetable garden of William Gibson , on the right of a director, to decide how a film is ultimately released for public viewing, but I am not a nor Cyberpunk writer neither a dude in Hollywood , and my English still looks like an old rusty trailer which needs a fix-up, so my personal wonderland begins with a pill ... tumbling down the rabbit hole , where the sky above the router port is the color of television, tuned to a dead channel and some gears still need a debugger there.
I would assume there is some proprietary stuff, either connectors or bus protocol, that give this adapter control over power/keyboard/video/mouse of the x86 xserver. It must run an RTOS or cut down Linux depending on age that serve up the HTTP and IPMI capabilities. It's basically a single board computer.. a computer in your computer the same way IPMI and other OOB systems are. If that sounds scary, it is.
SGI Fuel, Indy R5k
IBM RS/6000 7006-42T, 7011-250, 7012-397, 7012-G40 (upgraded to 4x 200MHz PPC), ThinkPad 710TE vintage tablet, ThinkPad T400, various System X, NetVista 2800
Sun Ultra 27 Xeon Quad Core 3.20GHz, Sunblade 2500 Silver, SunFire V445
HP c8000

http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ - IBM Retro
http://www.kev009.com/ - Blog
Free Usenet access for comp.* heirarchy. Send me a message for posting access.
I know for a fact that it or one of its relatives plug into my x220 server. The software is out there but there's a ribbon cable that needs to run form the card to the board.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Does it act like ASMI or something else?
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
on Ebay I found a few of these board for 20..30 euro each

Ironically Cerberus is developed around 405GP cores (there are 4 nodes, each node is 405GP), and with a similar idea, even if the "Remote Supervisor" feature is implemented by a little && stand alone linux MIPS board :D

I am impressed by IBM
I wish I could enter into the vegetable garden of William Gibson , on the right of a director, to decide how a film is ultimately released for public viewing, but I am not a nor Cyberpunk writer neither a dude in Hollywood , and my English still looks like an old rusty trailer which needs a fix-up, so my personal wonderland begins with a pill ... tumbling down the rabbit hole , where the sky above the router port is the color of television, tuned to a dead channel and some gears still need a debugger there.