SGI: Development

strerror_r

Hi,

does anyone know if irix has a strerror_r() implemented.

Ran into with a recent compile and want to check before I code one?

Cheers
Nah, it's only been part of the POSIX standard since 2001, you can't expect SGI to have kept up that far can ya? :lol:

Seriously though, man strerror returns a manpage, man strerror_r returns nothing, and grep strerror_r /usr/include/* returns nothing, so I think you're going to have to code your own. Or steal it from the GNU project... :twisted:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did a similar search and couldn't find anything related other than goserror which is related to sproc and is specifically stated to not be compatible with pthreads.

I was just wondering as to whether there was an equivalent under another name in irix and thought I would check with you guys.

pretty simple to implement and still be reentrant.

thanks again

Cheers
Yeah I looked at the GNU version on my Slackware 14 box and, despite GNU's usual obfuscated coding style, it didn't look too bad... 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
There's a srterror_r in gnulib: This function is missing on some platforms: NetBSD 3.0, Minix 3.1.8, HP-UX 11.23, IRIX 6.5, Solaris 9, mingw, MSVC 9. Sadly, using gnulib either implies that you use autoconf/automake, or do a lot of manual work to resolve all the macros.

https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/man ... 005fr.html