SGI: hinv

O2 - R10k 195 MHz, 128MB, 1600SW

Posting from my little O2. Got my 1600SW card installed and connected up. Wow! Just wow!

Best money I've spent on any SGI graphics thing so far. I'm impressed with the scrolling and general behavior with this. I think I might need some software to control the monitor (no CD included, my board was a used pull).

Code: Select all

# hinv -vm
CPU: MIPS R10000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.6
FPU: MIPS R10010 Floating Point Chip Revision: 0.0
1 195 MHZ IP32 Processor
Main memory size: 128 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
FLASH PROM version 4.18
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version ADAPTEC 7880
Disk drive: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0 (unit 2)
CDROM: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version ADAPTEC 7880
On-board serial ports: tty1
On-board serial ports: tty2
On-board EPP/ECP parallel port
CRM graphics installed
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0
PCI Adapter ID (vendor 0x9004, device 0x8078) PCI slot 1
PCI Adapter ID (vendor 0x9004, device 0x8078) PCI slot 2
Video: MVP unit 0 version 1.4
with no AV Card or Camera.
Vice: TRE
1600SW Flat Panel adapter board and display.

Code: Select all

# /usr/gfx/gfxinfo
Graphics board 0 is "CRM" graphics.
Managed (":0.0") 1600x1024
32 bitplanes
board revision 2, CRM revision C, GBE revision B
Timing table flags:
Monitor 0 type: Unknown
Channel 0:
Origin = (0,0)
Video Output: 1600 pixels, 1024 lines, 60.00Hz (1600x1024_60p)
Photo, also shows my new workspace for the hobby computers. Nine feet of countertop, and it's already a disaster zone. Do not give me any flat surface if don't want it covered in stuffs. A few projects on either side too.
I like the make shift indigo 2 door!

Also looks like a wide screen monitor.
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
The Indigo2s came along with an Indigo from craigslist. I'm probably going to clean up the one with the purple door and then find it a new home. The other is in quite nice shape, I have some upgrades for it and then it will be my green i2 example.

Yes, the 1600SW has a resolution of 1600x1024 in about 17-18 inches. While it's slow and has a narrow viewing angle these days, it still has one of the highest DPIs on LCDs.
Damn cats always getting in the way!

On the far right!

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
indyman007 wrote: Damn cats always getting in the way!

On the far right!

He hunts the mouse! Can't you see? :D
Arabski wrote: He hunts the mouse! Can't you see? :D

It does appear that way doesn't it. He jumped on the counter and I thought it'd be nice if he made an appearance in the photo. This is the best I could get from him. There were so many more interesting things to sniff.
LOLcats: "Kompooter Kat is watchin ur micez"
:O3000: <> :O3000: :O2000: :Tezro: :Fuel: x2+ :Octane2: :Octane: x3 :1600SW: x2 :O2: x2+ :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: x2 :Indigo: x3 :Indy: x2+

Once you step up to the big iron, you learn all about physics, electrical standards, and first aid - usually all in the same day
Just out of interest what is to the right? (Apart from the cat)

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
indyman007 wrote: Just out of interest what is to the right? (Apart from the cat)

Nothing too special. IBM PS/2 Model 56slc. An IBM made 386/sx that isn't quite as bad as a regular Intel 386/sx. I'd actually like it gone...including the clicky Model M keyboard and old monitor.
Any news about the origin 3400? Are you going to post pictures?

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
japes wrote:
indyman007 wrote: Just out of interest what is to the right? (Apart from the cat)

Nothing too special. IBM PS/2 Model 56slc. An IBM made 386/sx that isn't quite as bad as a regular Intel 386/sx. I'd actually like it gone... including the clicky Model M keyboard and old monitor.

Wha?!! You want to get rid of a Model M ???
karbonKid wrote: Wha?!! You want to get rid of a Model M ???

Yes, because I'm not a huge Model M fan, it doesn't have the "Windows" key which makes it useless for my Mac, and nearly useless for a Windows computer. The market for them seems to have taken a dip on ebay. If bundling the setup gets someone to come and take the whole set from me on craigslist, well then I don't have to load it up and take it to the recyclers.

Meanwhile I'll continue to load up NIBBLES.BAS and play on it.