Japan

Finally got around to making a frame...

I took some time off from the day-to-day "gotta fix this" housework on Sunday to make a frame (using some 80-year-old cedar siding that was salvaged from the back of the house when the addition was built last year) for the plaque we ordered (on sale, even!) while in Mishima (about a half-hour southwest of Tokyo by shinkansen)...

Chris

Oh, yeah, it's perfectly square. The cedar ended up being almost exactly 2" (sorry for the english units) wide, and the plaque was 7-7/8" wide. The plaque itself is also perfectly square. I cut a 1/4" groove to retain the plaque, and left a 1" overhang.

(It's funny because the back of it has stamped in it, "Made in Italy", in English, even though it was actually fabricated in Japan.)

Any kilter you're seeing is the angle I was shooting at. I'm pretty sure I wasn't straight on.

Chris